Quality Assurance Analyst
Jonas Software Solutions Inc.
Jonas Software is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. (“CSU” on the Toronto Stock Exchange) and employs over 3,000 team members working in 95 software companies worldwide. We are serial acquirers of vertical market software providers with a widely publicized buy-and-hold-forever strategy. Fiscal 2019 was a record-breaking year on the acquisition front, with 17 deals closed across North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand as we entered 6 new verticals.
To support our next phase of growth we are opening a new Research & Development operation, Jonas Software Solutions, in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
We are now looking to recruit our first wave of Developers, QA Analysts, Designers, DBAs, Product Owners, and other key individuals with all levels of experience to form an integral part of the Jonas business across North America.
Quality Assurance Analyst
We are looking to appoint 7 Quality Assurance Analysts with experience levels ranging from 2 to 5 years to support 6 businesses within the Jonas Fitness group. The ‘Quality Assurance Analyst’ is a vital role and our success relies upon you bringing your energy, knowledge, experience, tenacity, and dedication to our team. Ideal candidates will be creative and self-motivated problem solvers who take ownership and pride in the quality of their work.
- Elicit requirements from project stakeholders, business managers, and end-users.
- Document requirements in user stories that are easy to understand, testable, and traceable.
- Communicate effectively with developers and testers to answer questions about user stories and validate the end implementation of the requirements.
- Following Agile principles, execute test plans for work items within the current Sprint and ensure applications are ready for release following the release schedule.
- Create test cases, test scripts, and perform manual application testing.
- Perform testing using a variety of test methodologies, including manual, exploratory, and automated testing.
- Lead constructive peer review of test cases.
- Detect, triage, and track software defects and inconsistencies.
- Review, analyze, and supplement requirement specifications, and ensure 100% test coverage.
- Help facilitate the execution of acceptance test scripts by end-users.
- Author and publish defect and test execution reports.
- Participate in retrospectives to improve our process
- Occasional travel to the US on for customer and/or company meetings
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in a Business Analyst and/or Quality Assurance role
- Write, execute, and maintain tests for complex software applications
- Strong analytical ability and proven experience to gather, assess and document requirements in a structured way with strong attention to detail
- Experience with smoke testing, functional testing, integration testing, and regression testing preferred.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology preferred.
- Mastery of quality management methods, tools, and technologies such as Jira and Zephyr.
- Automation testing experience with a tool such as Selenium, SmartBear, or Katalon.
- Self-motivated with strong time management & organization skills, ability to prioritize workload and work to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to elicit and understand customer requirements and key needs
- Experience communicating and working within cross-departmental teams consisting of product owners, business analysts, software developers, client support team members and company leadership.
- Solutions-oriented attitude, with a drive to contribute to team success, resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
We are part of the largest software company in Canada with a unique blend of local control and Big Company support and we are recruiting our first 30 team members in Nova Scotia. Whether you are an ambitious graduate looking to kick start your career, or an industry high achiever searching for the next opportunity why not get in touch and find out more about our plans. We would love to hear your story, learn about your ambitions, and figure out if we could have a great future together.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
More About Jonas Software:
Jonas Software is the leading provider of enterprise management software solutions to the Country and Golf Clubs, Foodservice, Construction, Fitness & Sports, Attractions, Salon & Spa, Education, Radiology/Laboratory Information Systems, and Product Licensing industries. Within these vertical markets, Jonas is made up of over 65 distinct brands, which are respected and leaders within their own domain.
Jonas’ vision is to be the branded global leader across the aforementioned vertical markets and to be recognized by customers and respective industry stakeholders as the trusted provider of ‘Software for Life’ and as an ambassador for technology, product innovation, quality, and customer service.
Jonas Software is the valued technology partner of over 60,000 customers worldwide in more than 30 countries. Jonas employs over 2,000 skilled individuals consisting of a cross-section of industry experts and technology professionals. Jonas is headquartered in Canada and also operates offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia New Zealand and Africa. Jonas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the S&P;/TSX 60.