Requisition ID: 94601
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: BC Store Operations
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
City: North Vancouver
Location: 4905 Westview Safeway
Postal Code: V7N 3X4
Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.’s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to-coast. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life.
Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail.
A day in the life of a Starbucks Barista: Working as a Starbucks Barista is an opportunity to provide personalized service for our customers. Become a server at one of our on-site cafés. There you will have the opportunity to become a coffee and tea expert, and polish you customer service skills in a fast-paced, dynamic and friendly environment.
- No previous experience required
- Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Greets customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with Safeway’s programs
- Process cash register payments by cash, cheque, credit card, gift card and debit
- Prepare hot and cold beverages, including specialty drink preparation
- Stocking and ordering product
- Light cleaning duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
- Possess strong customer service qualities
- Works in a safe and responsible manner
- Available to work flexible hours
- Evening and weekend availability is strongly encouraged
- Must be available to be scheduled anytime on Sunday (Alberta Only)
- Physical Requirements (Seldom: Not Daily, Rare: 0-5% of shift, Occasional: 6-33% of shift, Frequent: 34-66% of shift, Constant: 66-100% of shift)
- Occasional lifting of up to 45 pounds
- Constant hand coordination, gripping
- Frequent computer and point of sale system use
- Frequent standing, bending
- Occasional walking, squatting
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.