Requisition ID: 94342
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: BC Store Operations
Part Time or Full Time: Part Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: British Columbia (CA-BC)
Location: 9462 Central Saanich Thrifty
Postal Code: V8M 2B3
Our family of 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country.
With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Baker’s Helper is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Baker’s Helper delivers the highest level of customer service and satisfaction. The Baker’s Helper demonstrates the highest level of adherence to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, corporate policies, Health & Safety, and other relevant programs and initiatives. The Baker’s Helper demonstrates excellent teamwork, interpersonal skills, and commitment to the success of the Thrifty Foods team. The Clerk will deliver exceptional customer service, foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Adhere to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, Health and Safety, corporate policies, and other programs and initiatives
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and understanding of Thrifty Foods policies and procedures, including department standard operating procedures
- Performs required duties of the Floor Maintenance Program
- Keeps work area clean, safe, and presentable at all times
- Operates equipment correctly and performs duties in a safety conscious manner
- Demonstrates growth in product knowledge; remains aware of product changes and seasonal requirements
- Establishes positive eye contact and greets customers with a smile
- Is consistently dependable, conscientious, and punctual
- Demonstrate consistent progress in use of ovens and knowledge of product preparation
- Assist JP Baker/Supervisor by preparing equipment and materials, and by retrieving stock
- Receive and rotate stock products and ingredients
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment as per Company requirements
- Other duties as required
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Effective Interpersonal / People Skills
- Good Business / Industry Knowledge
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.