Day & Ross Inc..
Are you interested in a new career opportunity? Day & Ross is currently seeking a full time Commercial Relations Analyst in Brampton, ON.
Why work at Day & Ross? From humble beginnings in the 1950s to a comprehensive suite of integrated transportation and logistics services, Day & Ross has grown to become one of the largest transportation companies in Canada with a growing presence in the USA. With over 5,500 employees and owner operators, Day & Ross, a wholly owned subsidiary of McCain Foods Limited, has become a dominant player in cross-border and TL/LTL transportation, continuing to offer a diversified portfolio of transportation and logistics solutions.
Day & Ross has been continuously recognized as an honored recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2005.
Our commitment to safety and sustainability is rooted in our family values and care for our
employees and the communities where we work and live. Make your move today!
The scope of this position is to be responsible for developing, implementing, and training of Interline and Broker Pay Contract Operational processes. A focus on continuous improvement through detailed analysis to reduce costs and improve operational efficiencies in order to meet service standards and enhance the customer experience.
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to complete the following (not an exhaustive list of responsibilities):
- Develop SOP’s for Third Party Carrier Operations processes by partnering with applicable stakeholders from various departments in the business and Interline carriers
- Implement Third Party Carrier SOP’s nationally ensuring consistent application and where needed, provide training for both internal and external customers
- Coordinate the migration of EDI/Web forms POD Project to ensure compliance to corporate requirements
- Through communication with internal and external customers and detailed analysis of results, recommend actions to reduce costs and improve operational efficiences in order to meet service standards and enhance the customer experience
- Review Broker pay Contracts annually aligned with the marketplace rates and implement best practices on a national level to ensure cost containment and Broker retention
- Maintain database on Industry Intelligence for Owner Operators and Third Party Carriers
- Analyze data, create and report on KPI’s, Metrics and Scorecards to measure and monitor performance
- Maintain tariff’s and accessorials data base for Third Party Carriers
- Conduct predictive analytics with focus on continuous improvement and recommend solutions for Broker Contracts and Third Party Carriers.
- Create comparative lane analysis and historical charts to assist in rate negotiation and services between Day & Ross and Third Party Carriers.
To be qualified for this role, you must clearly exhibit some or all of the following:
- College, University degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in transportation/logistics industry
- Ability to map processes and document SOP’s
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations
- High degree of computer proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, while being influential to deliver desired outcome to increase profitability and enhance new service levels
- Must be able to self manage, take initiative and work independently
- A strong contributor:
- Able to analyze and solve problems
- Able to gather input from internal & external customers
- Able to negotiate and influence decision making
- Experienced in driving positive change management
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross Transportation Group fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.