Materials Engineer – Soils
Founded in Quebec more than 50 years ago, Englobe is the one of thelargest soils, materials and environment organizations in Canada. Wecurrently have over 2000 employees located in over 50 offices and laboratoriesthroughout Canada, Great Britain and France.
At Englobe, our employees’ passion, experience and know-how allow us toprovide you with customized solutions, respecting your needs, your budget and time-lines.
We have a permanent, full time opportunity for a Senior MaterialsEngineer to join our Toronto, Ontario office. Reporting to the Director, Soil& Materials Engineering, you will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Provide engineering and technical support for Quality Control (QC) and/or Quality Assurance (QA) testing and inspection services on construction projects including roads, bridges, tunnels and airports;
- Working closely with the Team Leader – Laboratory Services, review analyses and reporting of laboratory and field testing of soil, aggregate, Portland cement concrete (PCC), hot-mix asphalt (HMA) water proofing and other construction materials;
- Development of proposals and quotations;
- Assist in the training, certification and professional development of laboratory and field staff;
- Promote and facilitate business development to a growing client base;
- Review and prepare submittals, specifications and inspections and testing plans (ITPs) for construction materials; and
- Audit the field and laboratory operations for compliance to Quality Management systems and client requirements; and
- Act as a Project Manager.
- Degree in civil engineering (preferably with focus on geotechnical, geological or materials engineering);
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar engineering field;
- Team-oriented, with experience and necessary inter-personal skills to mentor junior staff;
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including technical report writing,
- In-depth knowledge of bituminous and asphaltic materials and current test methods and specifications would be an asset.
- Member of Professional Engineers Ontario (or equivalent Canadian engineering association/order);
- Willingness and ability to travel (fly an drive) throughout Ontario on an as-required basis; and
- Valid driver's license;