Huer Foods is searching for energetic and motivated Lead Hand to join it's production department to help meet the demands of our growing customer base.
Please note that transportation is required as we are not on a bus route.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assembly line-style environment, in a fast-paced production environment.
- Line Assembly - Assist in preparing lines for production (moving tables, conveyors, boxes).
- Supervise, help, and follow requirements for packing products as directed.
- Working with different machines during packaging of product. (bagging machine, metal detector, sealers).
- Program scales and packaging machines.
- Mechanically adjust packaging machines as required.
- Ensure that proper weighing and labelling of product is done as per company specifications.
- Ensures SQF/HACCP policies and procedures are strictly adhered to, and any deficiencies are corrected upon discovery.
- Punctuality and attention to detail in all tasks.
- Reporting all accidents and near misses to Management.
- Provide coverage as a First Aid attendant on the shift.
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Team leader.
- Willing to learn how to set, operate and fix the machines.
- The ability to lift up to 25lbs is required.
- Transportation is required as we are not on a bus route.
- Food Safe certification and First Aid Level 1 are a plus. If you do not have these certifications, no problem! We will reimburse you for upgrading your skills.
- Exposure to moderate noise while the machines are running.
- At times physically demanding (lifting, pushing/pulling, bending & reaching).
- Repetitive motions.
- Standing for prolonged periods of time.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Full-time Employment. (7:30am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday).
- Group Benefits (Health Spending Account) after 6 months of employment.
- Opportunity for growth and development in a growing company.
- Personalized training, In-house training will be provided.
- Multi-cultural work force with a family atmosphere.
About Huer Foods
Huer Foods is a leading national confectionary distributor in Canada for over 30 years offering a fully integrated production, sales, and marketing solution with a focus on soft and chewy confectionary.
Please reply to this ad with a copy of your current resume and a member of our team will give your application their respectful consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Huer team, however, due to high volumes of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$23.00 per hour
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) (Preferred)