Canadian Red Cross
Bilingual & English Daily Contact Supervisors, COVID-19 Contact Tracing Virtual Team
6 Month Temporary Casual Position
Region: Flexible in Canada
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking Contact Tracers as part of our Contact Tracing Team – remote work force.
When a person tests positive for COVID-19 a case investigation is undertaken to elicit information on close contacts. This information is assigned to a Contact Tracer who will be responsible for notifying these close contacts of their potential exposure.
Who you are:
- Customer service is a priority for you – providing comfort and care, patience in supporting others, active listening to understand needs.
- Your communication is clear and concise, you use verbal and non-verbal cues, active listening, and are clearly able to explain yourself and confirm understanding from client.
- You work well within a team and are respectful, approachable and build strong relationships within a team.
- You are calm during a crisis and don’t allow emotions to get in the way, don’t take things personal, stay positive, respond decisively and take accountability.
- You have a strong attention to detail, ensuring accuracy in completing forms, giving information, completing necessary paperwork.
You will enjoy:
Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration.
Meaningful Work: you and your team will provide daily support to those impacted by COVID-19.
In this role you will:
- Notify close contacts of their potential exposure
- Refer contacts for testing
- Monitor close contacts for Covid-19 symptoms
- Connect contacts to resources to support self-quarantine
- Transfer clients to public health or clinical support personnel when a clinical decision or case escalation is required
- Contribute to team-based collaboration to ensure a coordinated approach and avoid duplication in overlapping contacts between cases
- Complete timely, accurate contract tracing data entry into the provincial PHIMS data base
- Adapt process and procedures as required by provincial mandates and evolving needs
- Contribute to reporting and documentation of inbound and outbound call data, statistics and trends
- Participate in and contribute to planned internal briefings/debriefings and meetings as requested
- Establish and maintain safe & supportive environments for diverse populations in the affected community
We’re looking for:
- A college diploma in a related field and 1-3 years related experience in Public Health, nursing, Case Work, Case Management, Social Work, Counseling or related certified professions.A combination of education and experience considered
- Must be able to read, write and interview clients English or French, bilingual candidates preferred.
- Client centered skills including the ability to provide comfort and care, patience in dealing with upset people while addressing required interview outcomes in a virtual modality
- Dependable, able to follow operating standards, be accountable, take initiative and ownership of work
- Data entry with the ability to work at a high level of accuracy, speed and confidence in the applicable data bases, Excel and other computer applications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to use verbal and non-verbal cues, active listening, clearly able to explain and confirm information with clients
- Attention to detail including accuracy in giving information, completing necessary case notes, following through on escalations and referrals
- Ability to work well within a team: share information, be helpful, respectful, approachable, and build strongrelationships
- The work may be performed in a home based or office environment which is mostly clean and comfortable.
- Candidates working from home must have reliable access to a computer, high speed internet, a phone and a private, secure workspace.
- Must be able to work full time hours including non-traditional hours which may include daytime, evenings and weekends as required
- This position requires a satisfactory Criminal Records Check required and satisfactory vulnerable sector check or a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (EPIC)
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
Job Type: Temporary
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Candidates working from home must have reliable access to a computer, high speed internet, a phone and a private, secure workspace.
- Public Health, nursing, Case Work, Case Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social Work, Counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19