Holland Christian Homes
VC PERM FT 2020-01
75 hours per pay (37.5/week)
This position is required to work weekends and evenings as required
Holland Christian Homes is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Volunteer Coordinator to join our Team!
Holland Christian Homes has provided a continuum of care to the elderly in Peel Region for over 50 years. Our facility houses approximately 1,000 seniors in six apartment buildings (independent living)
and 240 long-term care (LTC) residents. We provide varying degrees of care and assistance to meet the needs of our residents and tenants while seeking to promote independence as long as possible.
Holland Christian Homes seeks to preserve dignity and promote a high quality of life for our residents, who are primarily of Dutch heritage. We offer a supportive network of services delivered by a multidisciplinary team including, medical and social support by way of nurses, social workers, dietitians, and medical professionals including a restorative care team, and support from a spiritual care team.
To organize, recruit and train volunteers in Holland Christian Homes wherever volunteers would enhance the programs and services to our tenants, residents and/or related facilities as well as in the community when required.
- Ensure HCH has enough volunteers to fulfill its service requirement. The Volunteer Coordinator must perform a variety of duties involving recruitment, training and program planning in collaboration with HCH Administrators, department heads, appropriate supervisors, etc.
- Recruit volunteers using a variety of recruitment methods to select suitable candidates
- Prepare orientation materials for new volunteers including volunteer policies and procedures and perform onboarding functions
- Provide comprehensive training to new volunteers and conduct orientation sessions to new volunteers
- Supervise and conduct performance evaluation for volunteers
- Assess HCH volunteer program needs to determine number and range of volunteers needed for particular projects
- Collaborate with management, supervisor, staff, resident/tenant, etc.
- Anticipate any volunteer changes and plan accordingly
- Develop Volunteer job description for each position working closely with the appropriate supervisors
- Develop, revise and review program goals, policies and procedures
- Review, revise and maintain Volunteer Handbook, training materials, etc.
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments. Track volunteer hours, develop schedules and create reports.
- Create program reports and collect data to enhance and improve quality of Volunteer Program
- Manage budget as needed
- Cultivates a positive and supportive atmosphere by recognizing volunteer efforts internally and externally
- Plan and deliver Volunteer Recognition Events
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completion of a University Degree or College diploma in Volunteer Management, event/Hospitality Management or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years solid volunteer coordination experience including experience recruiting and supporting volunteers
- Experience in Long Term Care and/or senior homes is preferable
- Excellent customer service, time management, multi-tasking skills, attention to details
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal and communication skills, including writing, proof reading, speaking and demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
- Effective communication with volunteers, residents, tenants, management, staff and general public
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, database management, etc
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, research and project/records management skills
- Ability to handle, manage and secure confidential and sensitive information and to exercise and apply discretion, tact and sound judgement when handling such information
- Ability to understand and speak the Dutch language is an asset
- Clear TB Test, willing to obtain Annual Flu immunization (unless medically exempt)
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check)
- Must be available for after hours and weekends, if required
Interested and qualified applicants should forward a Resume and Cover Letter
as ONE Document in PDF Format in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
Holland Christian Homes welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Holland Christian Homes is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this posting, and otherwise in any recruitment process with the Company, such personal information may be retained and used by HCH for a period of one (1) year from the date of this application, for the purpose of consideration for employment opportunities which may arise during that time period, unless an Applicant notifies the Company to the contrary.”
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reference ID: VC PERM FT 2020-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $39,444.00-$48,209.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We care about our employees and have implemented many Covid-19 precautions such as screening, social distancing, staff cohorting, plexiglass barriers, PPE provided