Requisition ID: 115170
Career Group: Distribution Centre Careers
Job Category: Distribution
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: British Columbia (CA-BC)
Location: 0052 Campbell Heights RSC
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton’s Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys’ purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Our Campbell Heights Retail Support Center is seeking highly motivated, reliable and flexible individuals with a commitment to safety and total quality to be a part of our Transportation Team.
- Pre-inspect truck
- Complete manifest/ log book
- Ensure that the proper documentation is maintained
- Maintain equipment and report any damages, necessary repairs, or malfunctions
- Drive transport truck or straight truck in a safe and respectful manner
- Ensure merchandise loaded in vehicle is stowed in a safe and damage-free manner
- Unload trailer at stores and wholesale customers
- Ensure case-count delivered corresponds with order, pick up credit, or damaged product
- Maintain good working relations with customers at all times through cooperative attitude and well-groomed appearance
- Exercise good driving manners and taking precautionary measures during inclement weather conditions
- Follow the instructions outlined in the driver SOP and pay attention to detail
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment as per company requirements
- Responsible for all other duties assigned by manager
Positive customer service interactions
Accuracy and attention to detail to ensure the case-count delivered corresponds with the order
A proven track record of superior customer service skills
Experienced and able to deliver to Wholesale and Banner customer, preference if experienced in delivering to Wholesale Food Customers
Handling and placing manually placing cases in receiving areas, coolers and freezers as required by the customer
Two to three years experience driving a tractor-trailer and/ or straight truck
High School Graduate
Class 1 Driver’s License with air brakes
Retail support centre
Physical work including frequent bending, lifting, and reaching
Occasionally lift over 88 lbs two person lift required for weights exceeding 50 lbs
Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
Possible exposure to extreme temperatures
Alertness to other people and vehicles
Various shifts including evenings and weekends
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.