Martinrea International Inc..
Martinrea is a diversified global automotive supplier engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of metal parts, assemblies and modules, complex fluid management systems and aluminum products. We employ approximately 15,000 skilled and motivated people at manufacturing, engineering and technical centers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Slovakia, Spain and China. Our business strategy leverages world-class technologies, motivated and talented people, and high-quality products.
Our Mission is to make people's lives better by:
- Delivering outstanding quality products and services to our customers;
- Providing meaningful opportunity, job satisfaction, and job security for our people;
- Being positive contributors to our communities; and,
- Providing superior long-term investment returns to our stakeholders.
Our strength is our people
We invite you to follow your dreams and explore a challenging and rewarding career at Martinrea.
Job Summary: The Press Shop Kaizen Leader (PSKL) will monitor, support and improve operation and efficiency of the Press Department
Required Education and Experience:
- Must be able to read and write in English
- High School Diploma or GED; 3+ years of relevant manufacturing/management experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Lean Manufacturing concepts experience (layouts, material, performance to task, etc.) preferably in leading elements of lean transformation
- Previous experience in collaborating with others in a cross-functional environment
- Must be self-motivated and posses excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to motivate employees to drive change and manage conflict
- Be highly visible to associates and promote hands-on, high involvement approaches to problem solving
- Must have strong computer skills, be organized, detailed oriented, and able to manage multiple projects.
- Provide leadership in planning, implementing, and sustaining changes and improvements to the press shop
- Set up a visual management tracking board for each press, and shop board for all of the press shop
- Use 1x1 problem solving for press shop issues
- Maintain 5S throughout the press shop
- Run QDC weekly activities and create a PPO for each press (Primary Process Operator)
- Train team members on 1x1 problem solving, QDC, Standard Work, Lean concepts
- Lead daily press shop board meeting; a 10 -15 minute status meeting
- Update the Press Score Card
- Update the following information in the press shop progress folder:
- Jishuken project calendar, tracking, and results
- Quantify additional capacity through reduction in DT and QDC
- Quantify additional capacity through SPM improvements for each die
- Work with the materials department to adjust inventory levels based on QDC results.
- Abide by all bide by all Company policies including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- 30% Office environment, 70% Plant floor (PPE required)
Health and Safety:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company and plant rules, policies and procedures
- Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment and certain clothing as required by the Company
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs
- Must be able to work with push/pull forces of up to 50lbs or less
- Perform other duties as required
- This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities required for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Martinrea International Inc. is proud to provide employment accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please notify us if you are contacted for a job interview.