Preload Package Handlers are responsible for loading and organizing UPS trucks and getting them ready for delivery. In this general labour type role your responsibilities will include scanning unloading loading packages from UPS trailers and sorting packages on UPS package cars based on the delivery area.
This is a fast-paced physically demanding job. All work is performed in a warehouse environment that is subject to temperature changes with the weather.
- Monday to Friday (5 days a week)
- Shift: 02:00 AM to 10:00 AM approx.
- Flexibility with start and finish times required
- Loading packages onto UPS delivery trucks by hand
- Following load charts to sort and organize packages based on the order of delivery
- Loading 2-4 trucks at one time and ensuring the proper packages are loaded onto the right delivery trucks
- Learning UPS package handling procedures and methods
- Working in the UPS warehouse – hot and cold temperatures
- Working in a very fast-paced position which is physically demanding (lifting up to 70lbs)
- Available to work daily Monday to Friday
- To start $15.50 an hour
- Guaranteed wage progression in the Teamsters Union Collective Agreement
- Top rate of pay $25.99 an hour after 90 working days plus 48 months of service
- Tuition reimbursement - up to $2000 per semester
- Paid weekly every Friday
- Health dental and vision care benefits after one year of service
- Immediate access to employee discounts
- Promotion from within
- Monthly union dues
- One time union initiation fee after 90 working days
- Criminal background record check
UPS is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. If you require a workplace accommodation, please advise our HR representative. Thank you for your interest in working for UPS. COVID-19 considerations: Provide masks gloves and sanitizer.
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.50-$25.99 per hour
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday