Martinrea International Inc..
Martinrea is a diversified global automotive supplier engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of metal parts, assemblies and modules, complex fluid management systems and aluminum products. We employ approximately 15,000 skilled and motivated people at manufacturing, engineering and technical centers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Slovakia, Spain and China. Our business strategy leverages world-class technologies, motivated and talented people, and high-quality products.
Our Mission is to make people's lives better by:
- Delivering outstanding quality products and services to our customers;
- Providing meaningful opportunity, job satisfaction, and job security for our people;
- Being positive contributors to our communities; and,
- Providing superior long-term investment returns to our stakeholders.
Our strength is our people
We invite you to follow your dreams and explore a challenging and rewarding career at Martinrea.
Job Summary: Provide support to Supply Chain Operations department by ensuring:
- All purchased part inventory levels are maintained to defined levels that minimize carrying costs and maximize inventory turns
- Purchase part releases are issued, confirmed and tracked to ensure on time part deliveries that meet the Production Schedules
- Cycle Count, reconcile and adjust all purchased part inventories according to the MRE cycle count module.
Required Education and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills; customer service skills
- Courses in inventory control is an asset
- 3 4 years' experience in similar role; experience in automotive manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong Coordination and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve issues from a variety of known options
- Run MRP and maintain ERP system integrity.
- Review weekly releases and forecasts to verify accuracy, correcting when necessary prior to sending to vendors
- Transmit releases to vendors ensuring they are acknowledged
- Ensure suppliers EDI compliance
- Track all inbound shipments ensuring on time delivery that meets release requirements.
- Ensure all packing slips are received into CMS following delivery
- Follow up on any short shipment/late deliveries, coordinating expedites with the vendor in order to meet the production schedule
- Manage item master parameters to maintain inventory levels that meet plant and corporate objectives
- Schedule inbound freight (Interface with 3PL provider)
- Manage relationships with suppliers
- Resolve supplier invoice discrepancies (price or quantity)
- Perform weekly cycle counts on all purchased components according to the MRE cycle count module
- Investigate and reconcile inventory discrepancies, determine root cause and implement corrective actions
- Create cycle count batches and obtain necessary approvals to adjust CMS inventory
- Take leadership role in quarterly physical inventories
- Responsible to act as a back up to the Inventory Control Analyst and perform duties as necessary.
- Review inventory level of purchased material are within the department/company goals for inventory turns
- Contribute to continuous improvement, productivity, quality, customer service, cost reduction, safety and housekeeping
- Ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards and legislation including Environmental Legislation, O. Reg 851 for Industrial Establishments, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act (with emphasis on Section 28, (1) (a)-(d), (2) (a)-(c)
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- 70% Office environment, 30% Plant floor (PPE required)
Decision Making and Authority:
- On a functional level the following position will oversee this role
- Supply Chain Operations Manager
- Authority of decisions:
- Items to order to ensure sufficient supply (subsequently signed off by Manager)
- Items to count and priority
- Ways to improve inventory accuracy
- Improvements to safety, productivity and quality
- Quantitative Measurements:
- Achieving and maintaining raw material turns of over 40
- Maintaining inventory accuracy of over 90%
- Job requires prolonged standing, sitting walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs.
- Must be able to work with push pull forces of 50lbs. or less
Health and Safety:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company and plant rules, policies and procedures
- Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment and certain clothing as required by the Company
- This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities required for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Martinrea International Inc. is proud to provide employment accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please notify us if you are contacted for a job interview.