Realstar is a leading residential property management company with over 160 properties across Canada. Our properties are clean, quiet and attract quality residents who will attest to our unique standards of service.
Resident Managers provides critical hands-on leadership in a residential rental building. With the direction and support of a District Manager, the Resident Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the property by maximizing profitability and maintaining corporate standards within established operational and budgetary objectives. This includes effective marketing, efficient administration, expense control, income maximization,
ensuring the proper physical maintenance of the building and surrounding property and daily management and training of support staff.
This position would require you to work four days a week, every other weekend, and some on-call shifts.
This position would require you to work with a partner and share a two-bedroom apartment.
Key Responsibilities of Resident Managers
- Show and sell suites to prospective tenants
- Conduct market surveys and hold open houses
- Ensuring the proper physical maintenance of the building and surrounding property
- Ensure the complex and grounds are kept clean daily in accordance with company standards
- Fostering a friendly and professional environment for residents & prospective residents
- Daily management and training of support staff
- Process resident applications including completion of background and credit checks
- Negotiate lease renewals in conjunction with established targets
- Coordination of month-end duties and responsibilities
What we offer to employees
- Realstar is committed to providing a work-smart environment that supports learning, encourages teamwork and empowers individuals. Realstar has an 85% employee engagement level and is recommended by 87% of employees as a great place to work!
- Competitive salary paid out twice per month by direct deposit
- Rent-free, two bedroom apartment including utilities, cable & parking
- Employer paid benefits (Medical, vision care, life insurance & dental)
- Quarterly bonuses based on property performance
- Annual bonuses based on personal performance
- Recognition awards for years of service
- Opportunity for career development
- Annual holiday parties & summer BBQ’s
- Extensive and ongoing training programs
Requirements of Resident Managers
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong customer service and selling skills
- Excellent communication skills to deal with residents, prospects, colleagues and trades
- Management skills to coach, train, and motivate staff and develop a team environment
- Cleaning and maintenance skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
To apply for this position please send resumes to [email protected]
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Realstar is committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve. We encourage applications from our diverse communities, including Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, women, visible minorities, LGBTQ+ persons and those who are able to speak fluently in a language(s) other than English.
Realstar supports equal opportunity initiatives. Accommodation will be provided in all stages of the hiring process. Contact us for any accommodation requests, and we will work with you to meet your needs.