Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Construction Superintendents needed! Civil, Structures and Concrete
We are hiring for Phase 4 of the Kicking Horse Canyon program based in beautiful Golden, British Columbia. Golden is renowned for its breath-taking mountain setting and easy access to word class skiing, hiking, and outdoor adventures nestled in the heart of the beautiful Canadian Rocky Mountains. The Phase 4 program will extend until the end of 2023. We have been instrumental in completing the first 3 phases of the 26 km roadway, with 21 KM already completed. This phase of the design/build project includes roadway reconstruction and expansion through the canyon,
which is part of the Trans-Canada highway between Alberta and British Columbia.
This particular roadway is narrow, with steep drop offs, and carries 10,000 vehicles per day during peak summer months. This project will involve the expansion of 4 KM of roadway from 2 lanes to 4 in difficult mountainous and rock terrain through the canyon, which will include rock blasting in challenging terrain, with possible structures and retaining walls to protect against rock hazards, as well as utility relocation and traffic maintenance while executing construction that starts in early 2021. We are looking for reliable, adaptable, quality and safety focused individuals to join our team for this iconic project!
Parsons is seeking a Construction Superintendent for a high-profile and complex construction project. The ideal candidate will have experience on complicated transportation projects such as large bridges over water and highway widenings.
The Construction Superintendent plans, organizes, and supervises specific portions of construction work such as formwork, pile driving, MSE Wall construction, grading, and concrete placement. Applies expertise and specialized talents to guide the efforts of the assigned craft. The successful candidate will be well versed in labor and trade work practices. Willingness to relocate is expected.
- Ensures work is done in a safe manner in accordance with company and Worksafe BC and WCB Alberta requirements
- Monitors manpower requirements, efficiency, and productivity of construction crews
- Coordinates material and equipment requirements
- Provides direction in construction methods to foremen to attain required quality control
- Assists in the selection and designation of craft foremen
- Verifies layouts with field engineers and ensures craftsmen maintain the established horizontal and vertical controls
- Assists in the development and updating of work methods and schedule development
- Coordinates work efforts between various subcontractors and company workforce
- Ensures construction meets quality standards, and various QC testing and inspection requirements are achieved
- Understands and applies the company labor relations policies
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
- Previous experience with BC Moti and Alberta Transportation an asset
- 4+ years of supervisory experience in the construction field (craft foreman or similar)
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in the construction field, on heavy civil projects (Road & Highways, Bridge & Tunnel or Rail & Transit).
- Must have working knowledgeable of means and methods for areas of expertise.