Sunshine Village Corporation.
Why join us?
We work and play in Canada’s most beautiful playground, Banff National Park, and you can too. Sunshine Village is the premier ski resort in Western Canada. If you want to be part of making our guests’ ski experience unforgettable and think a winter season skiing and riding on the best powder in the Rockies would be great too, then read on for more information...
What’s in it for you?
- A ridiculously cool life experience
- Free ski pass for Sunshine Village and super deals at other resorts
- A plethora of lively staff events all season long
- Marvelous discounts on ski gear, food & drinks and transportation.
Chef de partie provide an outstanding experience for our guest by helping to plan and direct food preparation in our kitchens. They are responsible to help ensure the quality and variety meets the needs and expectations of our guests. Food preparation as well as some administrative duties and supervision are integral parts of this position. This is a
physically demanding position requiring some manual labour, lifting, carrying and standing for long periods of time.
- Provide outstanding guest service
- Assist in making food recommendations and write menus; set short term goals for food preparation and presentation including cost control procedures
- Review recipe cards; introduce and test new items
- Help supervise training and compliance for various phases of food preparation
- Supervise, expedite and participate in assigned food preparation, in accordance with standards of quality, quantity, taste and presentation. Check for taste, temperature and visual appeal; ensure guest satisfaction
- Review function contracts and forecast sheets; liaise with other departments as needed
- Assist in overseeing daily purchasing, receiving, food transfers,
HACCP Program and Quick Check System compliance
- Passion for providing outstanding guest service
- Culinary Degree with 5 years cooking experience, preferably in high-volume environment
- Previous experience supervising staff
- Excellent communication, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong knowledge using computers
- Prior experience with inventory ordering is an asset
- HACCP and WHMIS training is an asset
Can’t wait to get started? Great, because we can’t wait to hear from you! Apply online at SkiBanff.com/jobs/ and tell us why you’re the next awesome member of our team. Remember, we’re looking for people who will wow our guests, so start now and wow us.