AMZN CAN Fulfillment Svcs, ULC.
- Currently working towards a Bachelor’s degree program with a graduation conferral date between December of 2021 – August of 2022
BY SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION TO THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR NATIONWIDE LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES.
Amazon does not sponsor for immigration for this role.
This role is a 10 week internship starting in the summer of 2021.
Amazon is looking for college students with high potential who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Operations as a Loss Prevention Intern. You will have an opportunity to stretch your leadership capacity to its full potential. As a front-line leader, you will have an opportunity to truly invest in others and develop a people-focused leadership style,
while mastering the tools, processes, and operations that have created the most customer-centric company on Earth. If you want to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, and are dynamic and an organized self-starter, join our team in Amazon Operations as a Loss Prevention Intern—opportunities nationwide!
As a Loss Prevention Intern, you will have the opportunity to own your impact by leading the effort to efficiently and effectively provide security services and asset protection (to include people, buildings, equipment, data, & intellectual property) in a designated fulfillment center (FC). The Loss Prevention Intern is a key member of the Security and Loss Prevention organization, reporting to the Loss Prevention Manager whom is responsible for the facility and aids interns in a project benefiting the team. The Loss Prevention Intern may also assist cross functional teams within the FC(s), including Human Resources, Finance, Corporate Audit, Security Services-Retail/CS/Corp, WW Physical Security Systems and Design, and Inventory Control Quality Assurance.
The Loss Prevention Intern’s primary responsibility will be supporting the efforts of the Loss Prevention team in the implementation of standardized, cost effective and efficient security services program for their assigned FC(s). This will be measured by agreed upon objectives and metrics related to key areas such as the level and quality of customer service provided, access and inventory control effectiveness, the protection of the FC’s employees, etc. Come learn how the largest online retailer in the world runs its fulfillment and delivery networks!
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations! Our Operation’s workflow can be broken into three major lanes: first mile - where the product is housed and ready for your order; second mile - where your order is hauled to your area; and last mile - when the product is delivered to your door. Please note that all lanes have slight building variations, but one thing is constant, our vision and dedication to the customer.
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
- The position is NOT a corporate role and will be located in a FC, Sort Center, Delivery Station, or other warehouse environment
- Term: 10 weeks during the summer of 2021
- Must be willing to relocate nationwide for the summer with relocation assistance (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference)
- Competitive Salary, Relocation and Housing Assistance
- An offer for full time employment may be given after the internship
- Drive Standard Work and Continuous Improvement through an intern project
- Assist with investigations of internal and external theft and fraud.
- Manage access controls within the assigned FC to reduce the risk of unauthorized data access.
- Inspire performance excellence on the part of all security services team members.
- Align performance and actions with and clearly articulate the vision and values of the organization and the department.
- Meet or surpass your objectives that align with security service model.
- Serve as department’s liaison for facility management keeping them abreast of key issues, strategies and the department’s performance.
- Drive process improvements and increase efficiency.
- Identify, promote and implement security best practices in a designated FC.
- Effectively partner with internal customers in evaluating current and future security services, processes and initiatives.
- Coordinate data collection through database polling or data entry from multiple FCs and conduct analysis generating strategic and tactical interpretations.
Job Elements (to be performed with or without accommodation):
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Walking in/ around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- A driver’s license is strongly recommended due to the remote nature of many internship locations
- Working towards a degree in Criminology, Criminal Justice, Asset Protection, or other related field with interest in a career in Loss Prevention
- Experience with physical security systems, investigation techniques, effective oversight of contract security officers, or distribution center loss mitigation techniques.
- Organized and detail oriented. Accuracy is something you strive for.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to motivate self and others to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Confidence when public speaking or writing a paper.
- The ability to dive deep into data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.