Newmont Goldcorp Canada
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P; 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Reporting to the Mining Engineering Supervisor,
the incumbent of this position is required to work on the safe execution of the underground engineering designs and production plan. The short term mine planner is responsible of coordinating all mining activities related to the mining schedule within a 2-week window. The person will lead the daily production meeting with operations and facilitates the technical services daily work. The person updates development plans as well as the weekly production plan and follows up on the compliance to plan
- Coordinate the daily mining plan with operations and technical services and update the daily plan report, including compliance to the week plan as well as optimize and prioritize tasks in the schedule.
- Update development prints.
- Update and present to the site team the weekly plan, aligned with the approved monthly production plan.
- Perform underground visits and document to improve the mine plan.
- Responsible for maintaining the stope status updated.
- Respect, know and promote the company's regulations and policies, particularly in health and safety.
- All tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering
- 2 to 3 years experience in mineral technology/ 2 to 3 years in mining engineering, ideally in underground mining
- Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7
- Valid General Explosives Permit
- Bilingualism is an asset (French and English)
- Good computer skills
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Organisational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills:
- Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote etc.);
- CAD and scheduling software. Proficiency in Deswik software would be considered an asset
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company's Web site at www.newmont.com no later than January 31, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.