The Rimrock Resort Hotel.
Front Office - Guest Services Agent
The Rimrock Resort Hotel, 300 Mountain Avenue, Banff, Alberta, Canada Req #54
Monday, February 22, 2021
We truly believe that our continued success is a result of our employee contributions. Positive attitudes, exceptional customer service skills and working as a team is really what makes The Rimrock the most desired hospitality experience in the Canadian Rockies. We pride ourselves on welcoming each new employee onto our team and helping them develop skills and knowledge to further their careers. It is our mandate to promote from within and facilitate both personal and professional growth and development.
A Front Desk Agent is responsible to ensure our product is presented to company standards, that guests are our main focus, that all standards and procedures are being followed as instructed, and that any discrepancies are reported to the manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to guests and team members
- Check guests in and out of the hotel using a computerized hotel management system
- Verify all guest information at check in; name, address, method of payment, special requests etc.
- Process payment transactions, both cash and electronic
- Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation
- Maintain knowledge of current resort events, activities and promotions
- Resolve guest concerns or issues and follow-up
- Answer all incoming calls promptly, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner
- Coordinate and communicate with all operating departments to enhance guest experience
- Co-operate and accept other assignments as and when required
- Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner once trained
- Requires constant standing
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 11 pounds / 5 kg
- Occasional bending, leaning, reaching
- Significant use of a computer
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Previous hotel experience required with front desk experience preferred
- Experience with Opera is an asset
- Flexible schedule to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Well-organized with high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a friendly and courteous manner
- Capable of remaining calm and working effectively under pressure
- Works well in a team environment
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! We share in your excitement to live and work in the Canadian Rockies.
You can learn more about what to expect as a Rimrock employee here.
- Pay Type
- Job Start Date
Tuesday, March 9, 2021