Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture.
We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a sports fan with a passion for helping people and organizations thrive to join our team in as a Human Resources Advisor. The successful candidate will join our team to support our Sportsnet Live-Events, Content, Programming, and Business teams and the RSM Creative teams across Canada. In this role you will play a role in assisting the team to raise the bar on talent management, support our drive to maintain our high-performance culture and provide internal coaching and support to People Leaders in dealing with a broad spectrum of human resources initiatives. The role reports directly to the HR Manager, Sportsnet and Creative.
What you will do:
- Partner with leadership to identify and understand their needs and the needs of their team members in building a high calibre and highly engaged workforce
- Assist leadership with building effective practices to meet business and employee needs
- Provide consultation on issues related to legal and procedural compliance, employee/labour relations, workforce planning, talent and performance management, compensation and organizational development
- Build strong relationships and credibility with all levels of management
- Through knowledge transfer, coaching, and training, increase the ability of business unit managers and staff to independently action and resolve employee relations issues and facilitate change management
- Work on national HR projects and programs to support the overall Sportsnet, RSM and Rogers teams
- Partner with leadership to improve HR practices, process decisions and programs
- Influence and empower leaders to accelerate the growth and development of their teams
- Motivate and support an inclusive and diverse culture
- Provide data and analysis to support HR projects and strategy
- Partner on labour relations matters across RSM
What you’ll bring:
- Sports fandom and a passion for driving development for people and helping to build world-class teams
- Strong working knowledge of HR/LR legislation, best practices and core people process
- The ability to influence without authority, lead with empathy and build credibility with leaders and teams that you support
- Ability to diagnose complex employee relations issues and coach to a solution
- Sound analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills with an ability to understand broad Human Resource issues and resolve conflict situations in a diplomatic manner
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Human Resources & HR Generalist
Requisition ID: 215704
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate