Kinross Gold Corporation.
The Kinross Corporate Head Office is located in downtown Toronto and supports Kinross’ operations and projects worldwide. Corporate functions include Finance, Procurement, Health & Safety, Human Resources, IT, Investor Relations, Exploration, Geology and Mine Planning, among others.
Contribute to ongoing efforts in Sustainability and ESG strategy and reporting, including production of innovative narratives and graphics showing how responsible mining generates positive health and community outcomes, contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Review socio-economic and perception studies produced by consultants for Kinross operations,
plus publicly available reports and databases regarding human development
- Analyze data and produce innovative graphics which help tell the story about the outcomes of responsible mining
- Produce compelling narratives which, combined with graphics, will provide the foundation for communications products to be used by the company
- Contribute to standardization of a Kinross approach towards measuring, compilation and reporting on community-based outcomes
- Provide support for ESG reporting efforts
Education and Experience
- University of Toronto Master of Science in Sustainability Management Class of 2022 or a 2nd - 4th year student studying a degree in an analytical discipline
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge and skill with a PC utilizing office applications
- Up to date knowledge about Sustainability, including key society issues and how these affect the corporate sector
- Strong knowledge of socio-economic data analysis and graphics
- Ability to read French and/or Portuguese would be a plus
Closing Date and Additional Details
The posting for this role will close on February 28, 2021 at 11:59 pm (EST).
All applications for consideration must be submitted with a name-blind resume.
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.