As an Inside Property Claims Adjuster, you will be the first point of contact in assisting customers through their property loss. You will help our customers through difficult times, demonstrating empathy and strong listening skills as you investigate a wide variety of claims through to completion.
Here are a few ways you'll make a difference:
- Provide quality service and discuss settlement options with our customers
- Provide clear and concise information to vendors
- Develop an action plan for conducting investigations by determining necessary information required to clarify and justify the claim
- Ensure prompt and equitable settlements in-line with Intact’s policies, procedures and standards
- Analyze information,
interpret insurance policy wordings, determine coverage and assess damage
- Document the claim file by collecting information from appraisers, engineers or other pertinent experts to determine coverage
- Prior claims adjuster experience is an asset
- Customer service-related experience is an asset
- Adaptable and agile in a rapidly evolving business
- Ability to take on large volumes of work and be agile under pressure
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment
- A forward thinker and able to foster new ideas
- Customer-driven with the ability to communicate complex and detailed information in simplified terms
- Exemplary listening skills with the ability to foster strong working relationships
- Superior organizational skills, results-driven and able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict management skills
- Ability to learn and quickly adapt to new and changing technology
- Ability to learn and work effectively in a remote environment
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on March 1, 2021 at 11:59pm EST.