About Apotex Inc.
Apotex Inc. is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines for patients around the world. Apotex employs almost 8,000 people worldwide in manufacturing, R&D;, and commercial operations. Apotex Inc. exports to more than 100 countries and territories and operates in more than 45 countries, with a significant presence in Canada, the US, Mexico, and India. Through vertical integration, Apotex is comprised of multiple divisions and affiliates including Apotex Inc., focused on generics; Apobiologix, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on biosimilar development; Aveva, an affiliate of Apotex Inc.
fully integrated global developer and manufacturer of complete transdermal solutions; Apotex Consumer Products, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on brand name products; and Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (GAPI), a division of Apotex Inc. focused on the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) for Apotex and third parties. For more information visit: www.apotex.com.
Responsible for sampling of all raw materials, semi-finished, packaging components and third party materials, while adhering to the planning priority list provided to support the lab requirements. Responsible for adhering to all GMP, SOP, SWP, and company policies and regulations.
- Sample all incoming raw materials, packaging components and third party finished goods following all GMP’s and SOP’s for the following facilities:
o50 Steinway (Etobicoke)
o4100 Weston- Packaging Components
o380 Elgin Mills (Richmond Hill)
- Confirm uniformity of raw materials using both TruScan RM and FT-NIR instrument (excluding Richmond Hill).
- Troubleshoot/solve problems associated with the TruScan RM and FT-NIR unit (excluding Richmond Hill).
- Responsible for the sanitation of all rooms and sampling tools, ensuring QAPR inspection and sign-off.
- Ensure that the heat sealing and nitrogen purging process on specialized products is performed according to required SOPs and SWPs.
- Record all sampling activity using warehouse reliability database.
- Notify QAPR when raw materials and/or samples are found to be in non-conformance.
- Ensure controlled substance materials are handled in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintain inventory accuracy using SAP – Warehouse Management module when receiving material, retrieving material and moving material, following applicable warehouse procedures.
- Ensure sampled materials and documentation are forwarded to QAPR for review. Apply Good Documentation Practices to complete all associated paperwork.
- Operate all manual and powered material handling equipment following SWPs and SODs.
- Ensure all work is performed in full compliance with good manufacturing practices (GMPs), standard operating documents (SODs), and safe work procedures (SWPs).
- Performs all work in compliance with our Code of Conduct and Business Ethics, and related policies and with the legal and regulatory requirements that apply to our job activities;
- Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes;
- Operates in accordance with our Code of Conduct and Business Ethics, and all established regulatory, compliance and safety requirements;
- Performs all work in support of our Values: Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance, and Passion and
- All other relevant duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Fluent in English written and oral communication.
- Knowledge of Material Handling Equipment (MHE) is an asset (e.g. Dockstocker, walkie, Reach).
- Intermediate knowledge of computer applications (SAP QM/WM, Word, Excel, Access).
- Willing to work various shifts and/or overtime when needed.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to manage multiple tasks.
- Compliance to GMPs/GDPs and ability to identify and resolve compliance issues.
- Able to operate material handling equipment and ascend/descend ladders to rack heights.
- Previous sampling experience is an asset.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.