Eurofins NSC Canada Inc
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics,
discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The Food Quality Assurance Technician is a position reporting to the Food QA Manager, and is responsible for ensuring the compliance with applicable regulations (i.e. ISO 17025), for clients requiring quality assurance services.
Key Accountabilities for this Role:
- Prepare validation/ Calibration documents (including but not limited to calibration reports, qualification and requalification documents);
- Generate protocols and reports for Qualification, temperature mapping;
- Perform self-inspections;
- Support the training of new staff;
- Prepare, perform and write qualification (OQ/PQ) protocols for instrumentation
- Prepare, perform and write Preventative Maintenance and Calibration procedures;
- Calibrate, maintain, and repair all laboratory instrumentation
- Maintain VMP and equipment lists;
- Contact contractors for outside PM and instrument repairs
- Evaluate and summarize instrumentation qualification data in final reports
- Temperature monitoring, deviation investigations and record keeping;
- Attend to the monitoring system alarms including evenings and weekends.
- Review training records and generate associated reports;
- Initiate and conduct deviations and out-of-specification investigations;
- Initiate and conduct Corrective Action and Preventative Action (CAPA) investigations;
- Initiate and assist Change Control procedures;
- Adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures;
- Circulate Standard Operating Procedures and follow up on training requirements;
- Ensure that all staff members are following the Standard Operating Procedures at all times;
- Assist with the maintenance of ISO 17025 accreditation;
- Attend staff meetings;
- Any other duties as delegated by the Food QA manager.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science or Life Science;
- 1-5 years of progressive quality experience in an ISO 17025 environment is required;
- Previous Knowledge of ISO 17025 is an asset
- Must speak and write English fluently;
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Must be articulate;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently, while supporting a collaborative, team-based department;
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure;
- Strong ability to influence others and deliver constructive feedback and observations positively, to the net improvement of the Company;
- High level of professionalism, maturity, good judgment, and discretion when dealing in confidential matters;
- Must be proactive, self-disciplined, and able to demonstrate a high level of productivity;
- Demonstrate satisfactory work performance and attendance record;
- Willingness to learn with the ability to retain information quickly and apply knowledge to various scenarios.
- Exceptional computer skills with a high level of competence with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Previous experience in QA is essential.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Eurofins supports equal opportunities for inclusion and invites all qualified applicants within commuting distance of Toronto, Ontario to apply; if accommodations are required in the application or interview process, please contact us via www.eurofins.ca. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted - no phonecalls or emails please! Selected candidates can expect to be contacted in 3-6 weeks.