Victor is one of Canada's leading insurance management companies that develops and administers insurance programs, and distributes them through a network of licensed agents and brokers to individuals, professionals, organizations and employers.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following position out of our
Ottawa office or to work remotely:
Bilingual Claims Analysts in our Architects and Engineers Department.
What can you expect?
You will be part of our strong team of insurance professionals and will work with adjusters, technical experts and legal counsel to develop and coordinate defense strategies in order to bring insurance claims to a final resolution.
The majority of claims relate to professional engineers and a high percentage of these claims are in Quebec.
What is in it for you?
Marsh Canada offers competitive employee benefits and a thriving culture to bring your authentic self to work
- A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, RSP (Retirement Savings Plan or TFSA (tax free savings account.)
- Tuition Reimbursement plan and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Entitled to vacation, floating holidays, time off to give back to your community, sick days, and national holidays (with early dismissal).
We will count on you to:
Review new professional liability claims, determine coverage and issue written communications with respect to our coverage position
Take necessary steps to manage claim files including, but not limited to, the following:
- Coordinating and controlling the progress of claim files by providing instructions to lawyers and adjusters.
- Determining liability of insureds and value of claims, and setting reserves accordingly
- Reviewing and approving payment of invoices issued by lawyers, adjusters and experts
- Liaising with insureds with respect to claim file status and strategy
- Liaising with the underwriting department with respect to claims
- Reporting to insurers on large claims and presenting claim files at semi-annual insurers meetings
- Preparing for and attend settlement conferences and mediations
- Negotiating settlement of claims
Liaise with our underwriting department with respect to insureds and claims
Report to insurers on large claims and present claim files at semi-annual insurers’ meetings
What you need to have:
- Two or more years work experience in one of the following fields: engineering, construction technology, construction management, insurance or claims adjusting.
- One or a combination of the following: Bachelor of Engineering or Applied Science OR College Diploma in an engineering-related discipline OR Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) Designation OR Registered Professional Underwriter (RPLU) Designation
- We may consider relevant work experience in lieu of above diplomas and designations.
- Fluency in English and French is mandatory (written and oral)
- Strong analytical skills, sound judgment, and high attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Service oriented professional with a positive attitude and a desire to succeed
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively function in a team environment, as well as the ability to work independently
- Exceptional customer service skills in order to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Strong computer skills with the ability to work with MS Office software
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Mercer will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need please contact [email protected]
Victor Insurance Holdings, formerly known as The Schinnerer Group, is the world’s largest managing general underwriter with locations in the US, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, and Australia. It handles more than $1.6 billion USD in premium on behalf of numerous insurance carriers, through a large network of more than 25,000 active insurance agents and brokers. With deep, specialized underwriting expertise, the company provides a wide range of insurance coverage – from specialty property and casualty and professional liability insurance to group and retiree benefits. Victor Insurance is committed to building on 60-plus years of experience to develop products that address risk in new and evolving areas. For more information, visit www.victorinsurance.com.
Victor Canada, formerly ENCON Group Inc., is a subsidiary of Victor Insurance Holdings and a leading managing general agent in Canada. Victor Canada has a rich history in specialty insurance, and offers a unique range of products and programs distributed through independent brokers and advisors. The company is committed to empowering insurance professionals and their clients through innovation, specialized underwriting expertise, and a nimble, technology-oriented business approach. For more information, visit www.victorinsurance.ca.
Show moreShow less