Collingwood, Ontario, Canada
43 Stewart Road
Posted: April 29, 2021
Temporary Full Time
40 Hours per Week
Closes: May 6, 2021
$21.54 - $34.69 per hour
Power Workers Union (PWU) 1000
EUI, Commercial Services, Electricity Distribution Ontario
With over 100 years of experience, EPCOR Water Canada works with industry, municipalities and communities to design, build, finance and operate water and wastewater treatment plants, distribution and collection systems. We serve more than 85 communities and industrial sites in B.C., Alberta and Saskatchewan, making sure that the water exceeds public health, environmental and industrial requirements.
Highlights of the job
We are hiring a temporary full time Customer Service Rep/Credit & Collections (CSR Credit & Collections) to join the Operations team in Collingwood, Ontario for up to 18 months.
In the CSR Credit & Collections you will be accountable for providing general accounting services related to processing and documentation of customer account records and to provide effective communication with customers in the timely collection of delinquent accounts; ensuring the maximum collection of revenues according to company policy.
We are accepting applications from both current EPCOR Employees and external applicants.
What you’d be responsible for
Reporting to the Customer Operations Manager, the key accountabilities of the CSR Credit & Collections will be, but are not limited to:
- Providing exceptional customer service, which includes responding to customer inquiries with regard to; account inquires operational policies, rates, final billings, security deposits, payment discrepancies; re-direct calls as required.
- Utilizing the CIS notice system, editing and distributing disconnect notices and 48 hour disconnection orders to customers; negotiating and monitoring payment arrangements; reviewing any concerns with Management.
- Communicating with outside agencies, i.e. social services, landlords, collection authorities, other utilities to assist with arrears collection.
- Reviewing aged receivables on final billed accounts and process notices as required; establish payment schedules and monitor payment arrangements; prepare documentation for appropriate agencies and departments; maintain journal of write-off accounts; update status on CIS system; make recommendations to Management for write-off accounts
- Preparing necessary documentation for bankruptcies; and water and sewer arrears
- Directing meter reading personnel in the disconnection/reconnection of services; providing up to date reports to appropriate personnel and completing service orders.
- Balancing cash drawer; receiving payments and issuing receipts; inputting customer payments; processing returned payments; miscellaneous receipts; reconciling entries.
- Assisting in maintaining customer accounts by; recording address changes, information changes, etc.
- Working in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, applicable legislation, and departmental policies/procedures/practices and operational guidelines.
- Providing back-up support to Billing, and other Departments, as assigned.
What’s required to be successful
Qualifications, experience and behaviours the successful candidate will possess are:
- Completion Secondary School Diploma (GED) or equivalent.
- Completion of accounting related coursework will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a Collections Environment.
- In a Collections Utility Environment is a valuable asset.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet Navigation (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer).
- Proven ability to learn and work with various system and customer/billing applications (Oracle, UIS, CRM).
- Demonstrable basic accounting and mathematics skills.
- A positive track record of consistently meeting or exceeding attendance expectations, which includes punctuality combined with the ability to prioritize work, adjusting priorities throughout the day.
- Skilled in the operation of basic office equipment (personal computer, telephone, calculator, printer, etc.) to acquire, process and disseminate information.
Along with the qualifications (skills and behaviours) listed above you have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills that are articulate and tailored to audience (clear and understandable) and to take ownership by demonstrating your clear understanding of how your accountabilities contribute to the overall team performance. In addition, you are a person who creates a respectful work environment where ideas are challenged and people feel trusted and safe and continuously look for and advocate for opportunities to personally improve, streamline processes, increase efficiency, reduce waste and improve results.
Other important facts about this job
During the restrictions for Covid-19 your orientation and training (for the majority) will be completed remotely however, you will need to come to the Collingwood office for some tasks and work – Note: it is currently closed to the public. While you are working from home you will be provided a company laptop.
Class: 1713 (Cust. Serv. Rep-Credit & Collections)
Wage: starting at $21.54
- Final Wage and Step will be determined at the time of selection and is based on a combination of factors as outlined in the CA that may be found online.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday (80 hours bi-weekly)
Learn more about Working at EPCOR!
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor or Facebook!
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age, successfully attained a high school diploma (GED, or equivalent level of secondary education) and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
On Team EPCOR, we believe in building an engaging, inclusive and diverse work culture that inspires creative thinking, innovation and adds value to our communities. Our organization is a place where everyone is welcome, and where you can bring your whole self to work.
When you join our team, you’ll find a workplace where all opinions, beliefs and lifestyles matter. We encourage you to apply and are happy to provide reasonable accommodation during the selection process to meet your needs.