UNITED PARCEL SERVICE.
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position assists and reviews UPS Small Package dispatch activities to ensure timely and proficient service.
He/She assists with dispatch planning and ensures service, safety, and cost goals are met. This position supervises dispatch operations and coordinates with others to ensure dispatch plans are executed efficiently, adequate staffing is provided, and equipment levels are sufficient for transportation needs. He/She oversees load/tractor planning and assignments, monitors load movement, and tracks the condition of equipment. This position creates efficient dispatch plans, verifies service levels, addresses performance issues, and incorporates modifications (e.g., new customers, new locations and additional loads, etc.) into dispatch plans. He/She oversees yard operations, coordinating drivers with load volume, confirming trailer inventory and ensuring trailers are in the correct locations and loaded or empty as planned.
- Controls trailer movement On and Off the building as the operation is running.
- Reviews driver hours to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Conducts hazardous materials audits and review safety reports.
- Reviews safety reports.
- Verifies appropriate driver uniforms and utilization of safe work methods.
- Determines employee training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Conducts performance evaluations and resolve individual and group performance issues.
- Supervisory experience - Preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Availability to work flexible shift hours, up to 5 days per week
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.