De Beers Group of Companies.
-To have the right to recover nature’s treasures, we need to treasure nature ourselves.
You are passionate about protecting the natural world. Your commitment means you’re willing to tackle a wide range of issues in the office and out on the ground and can communicate openly.
Working in close partnership with experts, NGOs and governments, our aim is not just to minimise our environmental footprint but to have a positive impact on biodiversity.
We deploy technology to monitor and address impacts at all our operations and we invest in innovative conservation projects at our reserves.
If you want to help us shape a better future, we'd like to hear from you.
We’re the world’s leading diamond company – a unique luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion and knowledge of our people.
To push our company forwards, we always need to think differently. We welcome diverse perspectives, people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.
In return, we provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions.
-The De Beers Group has an opportunity within the Asset Retirement Department for a motivated Project Analyst to work remotely from home. Reporting to the Principal Closure Projects, the incumbent will be responsible to further improve project performance, perform data management for the closure sites, with the potential to take on larger roles in the future through the Closure Project Management Office. The incumbent will be given opportunities to develop themselves within our dynamic business. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate self-motivation and agility, enjoy working face to face with clients, and be willing to take full responsibility for the delivery of their workstreams. The ideal candidate is committed to safe work practices and strives for zero harm.
- Coordinate all shared services related documentation and distribute to appropriate stakeholders maintaining version control.
- Distribute within a timely manner key information to project teams to ensure the teams have the most current information.
- Provide support and oversight to contractor’s and client document controllers to maintain consistency and high quality.
- Control of documents including design drawings, specifications, calculations, lists, datasheets, vendor data.
- Control of general correspondence such as letters, faxes, emails, minutes, in conjunction with all project team members and area leads.
- Support, maintain and log project documentation/records on SharePoint and other information systems.
- General Admonition of the SharePoint sites including monthly audits to maintain consistency, granting site permissions, implementing new procedures, establishing new sites, and training users.
- Determine project specifications by studying project scope of work, requirements, deliverables, and company standards.
- Provide support to Closure teams in completing technical studies and cost estimates.
- Support the review process of RFI’s/RFQ’s in concert with cost controller for alignment within cost budgets.
- Support the review design and construction drawings against project requirements.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly project reports and dashboards to the Closure Manager and CPMO Cost Lead.
- Maintain lines of communication to/from project stakeholders and support technical activities.
- Act as the project PEP coordinator and closely coordinate with the shared service PEP coordinator on the production of the project PEP.
- Attend relevant project-related meetings with project stakeholders.
- Maintain the PEP work plan and report progress regularly.
- Develop project schedules by studying project plan, deliverables, and order of project elements; calculating time requirements.
Reporting to the Principal Closure Projects, the role is based within the Asset Retirement Department.
-At least 2 years’ experience in mining & metals or other industrial projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, including engineering, construction management, accounting, business or finance or relevant project experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Computer-based project software experience i.e. Primavera P6 and Prism preferred.
- Knowledge of cost benchmarking preferred.
- Identify key cost drivers within the project to normalize and validate benchmark data.
- Assist in the identification and assessment of risks.
- Determine appropriate sources of comparative data.
- Understand when comparative data is suitable and any “health warnings” that should be applied when using that data.
- Basic knowledge of common contract strategies, such as Risk & Reward, Lump Sum, EPC and Reimbursable and how they affect project costs.
- Must have a “team attitude”, be self-motivated, flexible, and be willing to support other groups and, projects when required.
- Demonstrate strong listening and communication skills.
- Strategic thinking skills.
-Who we are:
We are the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world who are driven to support thriving local communities, protect the natural environment, and stand with women and girls, focused on Building Forever.
With headquarters in London and mines in four countries – Botswana, Canada, Namibia and South Africa – we are truly global. Established in 1888, our expertise ranges from exploration and diamond recovery, to rough diamond sales and diamond jewellery retail. In Canada we operate the Gahcho Kué Mine in the Northwest Territories, are working to advance the Chidliak Project on Baffin Island and have an active exploration program looking for Canada’s next great diamond mine.
We market our polished diamonds through two brands, Forevermark and De Beers Jewellers, while our Element Six operation is the world leader in the design, development and production of synthetic diamond materials for industrial and electronic applications.
If you like chasing demanding targets, thrive on making decisions in the pursuit of brilliance, and enjoy the support of the world’s finest experts, we have a place for you.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others' actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect .
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
This opportunity is open to a paid referral incentive according to the Employee Referral Program (HRM.AD.21.01) . Referral incentives are applicable to De Beers Group internal employees only.