Latincouver Cultural & Business Society.
Project and Event Assistant (Volunteer)
Latincouver Cultural & Business Society – Vancouver, BC
(Volunteer - Unpaid position)
Latincouver is a non-profit organization that for the past 12 years has been connecting over 100,000 Latin Americans with Latin enthusiasts living in Western Canada. As of today, we are the point of reference within the Latin American community in British Columbia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Events team, creative project team, Project managers and on other organisation wide projects to maximize productivity and in completing tasks and deadlines.
- Plan and assist in organizing Latincouver signature events throughout the year and coordinate onsite/offline execution of the events.
- Assist in providing communication and details about project/events plan and information to participants, partners, supporters, sponsors, vendors, venue managers as well as with internal teams.
- Coordinating with other organisation departments and exchange information and updates
- Assist in organizing and collecting information regarding grants and permits and liaison with the city of Vancouver.
- Organize and monitor schedules and see that projects/events objectives and deadlines are met.
- Assist with managing clients queries and troubleshooting before, during and post event to ensure that all runs smoothly
- Assist with sourcing of all suppliers/service providers as requested by the events team.
- Support with the planning of the events, programming, scheduling workshops online and with the production plan.
- Report updates verbally and in written form to management
- Help discern requirements and assign tasks to team members
- Design timeline, schedule of events throughout the week and organise events/projects logistics.
- Complete any necessary administrative tasks, such as research and email
- Demonstrate commitment to clients’ needs and confidentiality continuously
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- University or college in Business Administration, Project Management, Event Planner, Communications, Public Relations or other relevant discipline is a plus
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills both in public and customers relationship maintenance
- Deal effectively with non-routine matters and coordinate various activities
- Take responsibility, problem solve and make independent decisions
- Ability to work cooperatively and to coordinate with a variety of individuals both within and outside the organization in a supportive and efficient team environment
- Cross-cultural competence and sensitivity
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, fulfill client requests on short notice, work on multiple tasks and adapt to change
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and Google Drive
- Experience in event planning/business development is a plus
- Knowledge of Latin American culture and Spanish or Portuguese are an asset
What you get from us:
- Reference letter upon completion to upgrade your resume
- Expand your professional contacts through Latincouver’s rich network
- Feedback on your learning progress
- Be part of a fun professional staff team
- Learn new skills and an opportunity to practice different languages
Latincouver Cultural & Business Society values diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified people to apply.
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer
- Temporarily due to COVID-19