Prevention Information Assistant
Job requisition number
Full-time / part-time
From 05/03/2021 to 05/21/2021
Are you a customer-focused team player? We are looking for temporary prevention information assistants to receive and respond to province wide WorkSafeBC calls. As a member of the call-centre, the prevention information assistant screens and probes for information from callers and forward calls when appropriate; monitors and maintains a variety of mailboxes and databases on a daily basis.
We have two temporary assignments of approximately 6 months.
The hours of work will be Wednesday to Sunday or Saturday to Wednesday and the shift is 10:00am to 6:00pm. While this position is currently a work-at-home position, there may be a requirement to be in the office on occasion.
What you'll do
As a prevention information assistant you will:
- Handle incoming phone inquiries on workplace health and safety by probing for information needed to interpret the caller’s inquiry or concern, summarizing caller information, and communicating the information to the appropriate person for action
- Access a variety of databases and software to prioritize, record, and assign caller inquiries by following a specific set of guidelines and procedures outlined by the department
- Organize and maintain files, records, and informational materials and generate reports from various databases as required
- Perform a variety of support, administrative, and associated duties as assigned for various departments and personnel within Prevention Support Services
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Gather relevant information from a variety of sources, including over the phone, in person, and by reading and interpreting information
- Explain information in a professional manner, both orally and in writing
- Organize, prioritize, and manage a high volume, varied workload in an environment that includes changing priorities, time demands, and frequent interruptions
- Build and maintain rapport with a variety of individuals, sometimes in sensitive or difficult circumstances
Your experience and educational background:
- Completion of Grade 12
- Recent, related work experience in a call centre or office environment
- Proficient use of MS Word
- Type a minimum of 40 words per minute
- Excellent English language skills, including grammar, spelling, and reading comprehension
You must submit your application by 4:30 pm on the closing date of the competition.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email HR Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Only those under consideration will be contacted. If you're unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.