About Apotex Inc.
Apotex Inc. is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines for patients around the world. Apotex employs almost 8,000 people worldwide in manufacturing, R&D;, and commercial operations. Apotex Inc. exports to more than 100 countries and territories and operates in more than 45 countries, with a significant presence in Canada, the US, Mexico, and India. Through vertical integration, Apotex is comprised of multiple divisions and affiliates including Apotex Inc., focused on generics; Apobiologix, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on biosimilar development; Aveva, an affiliate of Apotex Inc.
fully integrated global developer and manufacturer of complete transdermal solutions; Apotex Consumer Products, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on brand name products; and Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (GAPI), a division of Apotex Inc. focused on the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) for Apotex and third parties. For more information visit: www.apotex.com.
Be Part of a top Pharmaceutical company with a global presence.
- Clean & Safe Work Environment.
- Opportunity to grow.
- Competitive Salary.
- Good Benefits Package, including Health, Dental, Vacation, Sick days, etc.
We have adapted our recruitment strategy to ensure our staff and applicants are safe by conducting our interviews and onboarding online.
Other measures Apotex has put into place include (but are not limited to):
- Staggering employee shifts to reduce the size of work groups
- Modifying our cafeteria space to enhance social distancing, the implementation of additional cleaning and sanitization routines
- Robust self-assessment and screening tools
- Non-surgical masks for employees working in GMP areas
- Travel restrictions
- Strict visitor screening protocol
It is important to note that while these are our protocols at this time, they are subject to change based on guidelines and regulations put in place by local and global government agencies.
For up-to-date information about Apotex’s ongoing efforts in response to COVID-19, visit: https://www1.apotex.com/global/covid-19-update or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Technician, Warehouse LMM3 is responsible for:
- physical receiving, inspecting, cleaning, sorting, labelling and storing of all inbound materials.
- supplying materials (raw, semi-finished, components and finished goods) to manufacturing, packaging and other internal customers.
- performing shift start inspections and assisting in maintenance of material handling systems.
- contribute individually and as a team member to achieve the Apotex 2010 Strategic Plan.
- working in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act (Ontario), Apotex Health and Safety policies and Safe Work Procedures (SWPs), Safety Charter and departmental safety expectations and programs.
Physical Receiving & Put Away
- Unload, verify, inspect, clean, sort and receive in SAP all raw materials and, components using appropriate MHE (Material Handling Equipment) in a safe, compliant and efficient manner.
- Identify and take appropriate action (e.g. communicate to purchasing, initiate QNote, etc.) for exception situations e.g. under/over quantity, damaged shipment, contaminated shipment, etc.)
- Transfer products from receiving/sampling area to the appropriate location.
- Distribute received mail, documents, packages, stationary supplies, etc. to identified departments/personnel.
- Manage dock schedule by booking appointments according to production priorities and available dock capacity and provide feedback to procurement on vendor performance to schedule.
- Organize and maintain adequate quantity of receiving and warehouse supplies e.g. shipping containers, pallets, seals, labels, etc.
Exceptional Movements of Products
- Follow procedures and know logistics flow for exceptional materials/products e.g. class III/IV capsules, waste, CTS waste, CTS, fridge/freezer (i.e. refrigerated/cold temperature), Hazmat, gases.
Delivery of Material to Manufacturing, Packaging and/or other Departments
- Provide manufacturing, packaging and other departments with all necessary materials as requested and update inventory using RF and/or SAP.
- Ensure transfer orders are completed in SAP for inventory accuracy and as per service level agreement; contact various departments to escalate/resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Locate and retrieve products to be sampled as required.
Processing Tote & Bottle Tote Movements
- Stage totes for transfer to other buildings and ensure empty totes are processed and moved to the appropriate location (not Richmond Hill)
- Receive and put away bottle totes to tote high bay (Etobicoke).
- Able to perform basic shipping tasks e.g. interplant shipments, outbound courier, simple deliveries, etc.).
- Perform cycle counts and maintain accurate inventory using SAP.
- Performs all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements Adhere to all internal and external regulations according to the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate (HPFBI), the Food and Drugs Administration (FDA), and all other regulatory agencies.
- Maintain assigned work areas in an audit ready state (i.e. 5S).
- Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence; Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values.
- Committed to corporate mission statement and initiatives (e.g. Apotex 2010).
- Participate in any internal/external audits/inspections/assessments and perform corrective actions as necessary.
- Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalency.
- Fluent in English written and oral communication.
- Competent operator of MHE; knowledge of conveyors, Raymond and Cleco MHEs is an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer operations-SAP modules for various warehouse operations/RF/warehouse databases, access intranet, etc.
- Willing to work various shifts and/or overtime when needed.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.