Day & Ross Inc..
Position Title:Dock Worker
Position Type: Regular - Part-Time
Requisition ID: 9198
Grade: Scale NOGRADE
Company: Day & Ross Inc.
At Day & Ross, you’ll go far.
Day & Ross is one of Canada’s largest transportation companies, serving top brands across North America. We got our start hauling potatoes in 1950, and now we have a team of more than 8,000 employees, drivers and owner operators.
We believe our people are our greatest strength – and we treat them like family. For over a decade, we’ve been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, and we were named a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation in 2018 and 2019.
Our industry recognition is a testament to the family values we share with our parent company, McCain Foods Limited.
About the Role
Corner Brook, NFLD
The Dock Worker role is critical to customer service and key to ensuring that customer requirements are being met. The Dock Worker / Forklift Operator is responsible for ensuring proper, safe and timely handling of inbound and outbound freight. The Dock Worker ensures they maintain a clean work environment with a focus on protecting the customer’s freight from damage through proper handling techniques.
Key skills to this position are time management, organization and the ability to work autonomously.
How You’ll Help:
- Moving and handling large and cumbersome freight in a dock environment (50-75 lbs)
- Operating a Forklift in congested areas
- Ensuring compliance with TDG, WHMIS, Company policies and/or procedures and customer specific requirements
- Utilizing proper handling techniques to ensure the customer’s freight is protected from damage
- Ensure all inbound and outbound Freight is accurately and efficiently received and shipped daily in accordance with company procedures.
- Organize and direct inbound and outbound freight to city and line haul trailers
- Assisting with administrative duties related to shipments.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Previous Transportation or operational experience is preferred, various roles within transportation would be beneficial
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Self-motivated and results focused
- Demonstrated customer relationship skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Able to work deadlines in high transactional environment
- Ability to champion business needs in a collaborative manner to colleagues
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Location(s): CA - Canada : Newfoundland and Labrador : Corner Brook