Summary of Position
RTI employs a staff of Operations Management personnel that are highly experienced in operating petroleum refining and/or chemicals processes and equipment. On a daily basis, our Operations Managers work with refinery operations personnel and turnaround professionals to plan and carry out chemical cleaning strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities * Participates with or leads a team of RTI employees as they execute clearing and cleaning activities in refineries.
- Creates, reviews and implements MOC-level clearing and cleaning procedures using computer-based document and drawing programs.
- Trains appropriate client personnel on RTI’s cleaning and clearing strategies.
- Follows-up with clients to ensure that we meet or exceed their expectations.
- Conducts business in a safe manner consistent with RTI’s Quality Policy, with an emphasis on a servant's heart and competitive urgency.
- Builds key relationships with multiple levels of employees at our client companies.
- Participates in sales presentations, lending plant expertise to specific application strategies.
- Controls costs through daily prudent decisions.
- Ensures that effective SWAPs and JSAs are in completed and reviewed.
- Provides onsite safety liaison for projects in his/her control.
- Completes Incident Reports and participates in cause finding and corrective action.
Supervisory Responsibilities (Direct and indirect) * On some occasions will be a Lead Operations Manager, having responsibility for others on the team.
- Provides direction to part-time Operations Technicians
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have an interest in helping others (servant’s heart), work well as a team member and enjoy developing new relationships.
- Understands complex plant piping circuits
- Ability to plan unit cleanings in a simple yet effective manner
- Ability to clearly and confidently communicate plans to plant personnel at multiple organizational levels
- Diagnose and solve problems during the actual applications
- Lead and build teams of a diverse group of people (RTI, Client, other Contractors) during implementation
- Quickly master software tools such as MS Visio, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- Perform work safely in all plant settings
- Work as a self-starter and manage projects with minimal management oversight
Acceptable Experience and Training
- Five+ years of refinery, upgrader, gas plants or chemical plant operations experience; preference is given to those with significant knowledge of crude, coker and FCC units.
- Experience leading teams in refinery, upgrader, gas plants or chemical plants; preference is given to those with supervisory experience and lead turnaround roles.
Working Conditions (i.e. works in an office environment with routine office equipment, or combination of office environment and refinery work that involves knowledge of hazardous environments and safety regulations.)
- Planning work is done both in office and plant settings. Plant settings involve knowledge of hazardous environments and safety requirements.
- Execution activities are normally conducted on 12 hour shifts until the project is completed. This work is impacted by weather conditions and many hours on employee’s feet. Being in good physical condition, as determined by an employment physical, is essential.
Physical Demands (i.e. may be required to lift between 5-15 pounds, or must be able to lift up to 40 pounds, climb ladders and spend 12-16 hours on shift).
A pre-employment physical will determine if the prospective employee’s health is suitable for the role.
Safety Equipment/Apparel *(This position requires the wearing or use of the following equipment and/or apparel.)
Fireproof clothing, hardhat, safety glasses, ear protection, safety footwear and gloves are typically required. May need to wear half-face respirator at times.
Ability to travel to outlying markets for supporting a growing list of clients across the U.S. and Canada.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $77,222.00-$162,964.00 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Night shift
- Refinery Process operator: 5 years (required)
- 4th Class Power Engineering certification (or higher); ABSA (required)