ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to equity, diversity and inclusion, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. We are guided by our firm’s Core Values - The Power of Teamwork, Always Striving to be Better, We all Bring Something Different - in all that we do.
Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support services team work together, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
Reporting to the Document Production Group Supervisor, our Document Production Specialist provides firm-wide document production support to the Legal Administrative Assistants, Law Clerks, and Professionals. The successful candidate brings excellent document production skills, attention to detail, and prioritization skills.
- Work with team members within the document production group to prioritize requests for support;
- Work with professionals, law clerks, and legal administrative assistants to clarify document production needs and level of urgency;
- Transcribe letters, memos, agreements, and legal documents from physical copies and dictation;
- Edit existing internal and external documents as requested;
- Scan documents, convert to Word and format;
- Design and create documents/presentations utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, and Adobe;
- Act as a resource for the Firm advising on document presentation as required;
- Other duties as required.
- A minimum of a Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma is preferred;
- Five to seven years of experience in document production is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills, including the ability to take initiative with little instruction;
- Ability to handle a heavy and varied workload;
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the Firm and legal professionals;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Demonstrated commitment to a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and discretion is required;
- Excellent communication skills including grammar, spelling, punctuation, and proofreading skills.
Gowling WLG is proud to offer equal employment opportunities.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.