Newmont Goldcorp Canada
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P; 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Fixed Equipment Mechanic is part of the Maintenance team in the Process department.
The incumbent is responsible for performing the regular maintenance of fixed equipment in accordance with established priorities and maintenance best practices.
- Perform the maintenance of fixed equipment so as to optimize their availability and reliability for operations
- Ensure that the worksite is clean and safe at all times by complying with 5S Standard
- Assist the reliability group in the development of maintenance procedures
- Respect and apply health and safety work procedures
- Participate in the department's health and safety activities
- Report any incident/accident to your supervisor
- Keep records on equipment maintenance
- Collaborate on and participate in projects and tests with external stakeholders to improve maintenance work procedures
- All other related tasks
- College or Vocational Studies Diploma in Mechanics
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Valid driver's licence
- Team work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company's Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than June 30th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.