Propagation - Propagation Team Member
Kelowna, BC, Canada Req #118
Thursday, June 10, 2021
The Flowr Corporation is a global cannabis company that exists to cultivate better people, plants and products. Based in Toronto, we operate globally in Canada, Europe and Australia.
In Canada, our operating campus in Kelowna, BC is situated in the Okanagan Valley, an epicentre of cannabis cultivation. This campus produces recreational and medicinal cannabis from a purpose-built, GMP-designed indoor cultivation facility, an outdoor and greenhouse cultivation site, and state-of-the-art R&D; facility.
Internationally, The Flowr Corporation will meet growing global medicinal cannabis demand through its subsidiary Holigen.
Licensed to cultivate in Portugal, Holigen will operate GMP-designed cultivation facilities in both Portugal and Australia. Our goal is to be the #1 choice of consumers and patients alike, and our established experts in cannabis cultivation, regulated industries and consumer goods aim to meet that goal responsibly, everywhere we operate.
Reporting to the Propagation Manager, the Propagation Team Member will be responsible for conducting daily activities in the Mother and Clone rooms as directed. Key success factors for this position will include the ability to follow SOPs and complete documentation in full, monitor plant health closely and relay observations to the team lead and maintain an organized workspace.
- Monitor plant performance and overall health; reporting observations and/or concerns to the lead
- Be responsible for the defoliation, pruning and maintenance of mother plants
- Execute all cloning and propagation activities, including general clone maintenance (ie. dome maintenance and watering)
- Support the cultivation team in daily flower room activities including pruning, defoliation, transplant and other, as directed.
- Sanitize and maintain all tools and technical equipment used in propagation activities
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization in the work area
- Take part in the proper execution of all SOPs and completion of department documentation to maintain compliance
WHO YOU ARE
- Experienced in a production environment (preferably GMP or food manufacturing facility)
- Minimum 1 year experience in greenhouse or propagation workspace
- Familiar with batch records and inventory tracking
- Comfortable working in room conditions that support plant health (warm temperatures, humidity-controlled and under cannabis grow lights)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Desire and ability to learn, collaborate and succeed with others
- Flexible to work shifts outside of the core Monday to Friday hours
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience working with Cannabis
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full time hours, Monday to Friday (7:00 am to 3:30pm)
- Flexible time off
- Full health benefits after three months for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- A chance to work in a new industry, that is ever changing and growing
- Great team dynamics
The Company is a committed equal opportunity employer. Flowr’s recruitment strategy is designed to attract the best person for each position, to ensure equality of opportunity for all applicants, and to promote our corporate vision and culture. When considering applicants for positions within our Company, only job related criteria such as ability, merit and responsibility are used to evaluate applicants. Flowr prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. The Company believes in integration and equal opportunity. The Company is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by identifying barriers to accessibility, removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility standards in accordance with applicable law.
- Pay Type