Compass Group Canada.
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Restaurant Associates? Imagine joining a team that’s at the top of their game.
Come to work at Restaurant Associates and learn from the pros how to serve thousands of visitors in some of the world’s best venues. Because of what we do, more than 30,000 guests enjoy an unforgettable experience every day. Learn. Grow. Serve. It’s a winning combination. Join us.
Schedule: Full-Time, 2:00pm - 10:00pm, Must work weekends and be available to work any of 7 days.
Compensation: Varies based on experience.
Location: Vancouver International Airport, YVR, Richmond
- Must have Food Safe and Serving It Right.
Takes food and beverage orders and efficiently delivers items to dining room guests.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Promptly and warmly greet guests in the dining room; take food and beverages in an efficient manner, following established steps of service.
- Deliver food promptly and professionally; maintain safe food handling and sanitation standards. Follow up periodically to assist with any additional needs or requests.
- Demonstrate complete understanding of menu items and ingredients. Advise guests on appropriate combinations of food and drinks when requested; accommodate reasonable requests and notes preferences. Demonstrate knowledge of specialized diets.
- Communicate directly with back-of-the-house staff to ensure that orders are delivered correctly and special requests are accommodated.
- Promptly address complaints or issues; relay relevant information or complaints directly to supervisor.
- Ensure that the dining room is properly set up prior to and after the service period; keep area clean and neat while meeting established sanitation standards.
- Work with staff of other departments to perform job duties during special events and functions.
Think you have what it takes to be part of our Wait Staff? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Must have Serving It Right.
- FoodSafe Certification required.
- First Aid Certification preferred.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have previous experience in the food services industry.
- Exceptional communications skills and ability to get along well with others.
- Will have to obtain airport clearance after hire.
Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand/walk for majority of shift.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact [email protected] for further information.