Compass Group Canada.
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military instillations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Restaurant Associates? Imagine joining a team that’s at the top of their game.
Come to work at Restaurant Associates and learn from the pros how to serve thousands of visitors in some of the world’s best venues. Because of what we do, more than 30,000 guests enjoy an unforgettable experience every day. Learn. Grow. Serve. It’s a winning combination. Join us.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Compensation: Depends on Experience
- Type: Part time, Casual
- Shifts: Mon - Fri: between 7:00 am and 10:00 pm, flexible
- Location: Downtown Toronto, ON.
Delivers and serves food at scheduled functions under the supervision of the Catering Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble and deliver all food and supplies for catered functions to their scheduled locations.
- Log and maintain food temperatures.
- Assist with food and table prep before events begin.
- Arrange buffet tables with food, beverage and service items according to standards.
- Serve plated dinners to guests and respond to requests for beverages, appetizers and other needs.
- Keep display equipment clean and free of debris during meal service.
- Thoroughly clean location after event is completed and assist with inventory, food storage and other closeout tasks.
- Return food and beverages, serving equipment and utensils to catering facility.
- Stock, clean and maintain catering facility and equipment.
- Ensure guests receive friendly, courteous service at all times.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of complete menu and products on hand.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment.
- Follow safety and sanitation policy and procedures at all times.
- May drive a catering delivery truck.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Catering Servers? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Able to accurately read event orders and organize deliveries for the day.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar environment.
- Smart Serve Certification.
- Valid driver's license may be required.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Extremely well organized and efficient; able to multi-task.
- Good attention to detail.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact [email protected] for further information.