Overview / Responsibilities:
Wood is seeking a Piping Lead to join our Mining & Minerals team at our Saskatoon, SK office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this opportunity is for you.
- Provide leadership to supervise, coordinate, and direct the work of the piping design team
- Provide piping design and technical input and support for industrial plants and related infrastructure
- Review and manage project scope, budget, progressing, schedule and quality
- Review project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation, including checking for technical accuracy
- Coordinate and work with project managers and other discipline leads
- Provide leadership, mentoring, guidance and technical expertise to the project team
- Write specifications, contract documents, and proposals
- Develop and maintain positive, sustainable client relationships
Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Engineering Design & Drafting Technology
- Professional engineering designation in the province of Saskatchewan (APEGS) or eligibility for registration is preferred
- Project management and leadership experience (budgets, manpower plans, progressing of deliverables)
- 10+ years of relevant experience. Experience with potash, uranium, heavy industrial, mining or smelting.
- Comprehensive and thorough scope knowledge of piping engineering/design and an understanding of industry codes, standards, and construction methods
- Strong interpersonal skills and communications skills
- Ability to work efficiently, multi-task, and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Demonstrates cooperation and decision-making abilities
- AutoCAD and 3D model experience is an asset
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada at time of application
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO):
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.