Canada Life Assurance Company.
The Disability Benefits Administrator (DBA) is responsible for performing benefit calculations for STD and LTD benefits. This includes interpreting contractual provisions, applying correct logic to benefit calculations as well as recognizing and correctly interpreting non-standard contract provisions. The DBA is a subject matter expert to staff within the DMSO as well as to claimants and clients. All questions related to benefit calculations and adjustments, tax and other deductions, etc, are directed to this role. You will work within a team that reports to the Disability Claims Administration Team Manager.
- Perform complicated STD and all LTD (initial and ongoing) benefit calculation
- complete file preparation, calculate benefits, create diaries
- collect missing information via phone calls and/or letters to clients and claimants, review contract provisions and make adjustments (e.g. calculations on COLA, IP, Rehab Offsets and other deductions), resolve DLR discrepancies
- answer claimant inquiries about calculations
- Calculate benefit entitlement for all Life Claims.
- Process Disbursements:
- for all calculations and issue benefit payments.
- for all other claims: issue payments,
- Handle STD and LTD inquiries specific to Benefit Calculations or Tax issues.
- Update client specific systems with information.
- Other administrative and financial duties in support of the claims team.
- Assist claimants with CPP application. Calculate and recover overpayments when necessary.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Strong mathematical aptitude and calculation skills.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively adjust to changing priorities and work to deadlines.
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office products.
- Ability to remain flexible, work as part of a team as well as independently.
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted