FDM Group is a global professional services provider with a focus on IT, working with prestigous clients across multiple business sectors. FDM’s business model is both unique and robust, bringing people and technology together in the most effective way. With centres across Europe, North America and Asia, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years and has firmly established itself as an award-winning employer for both graduates and veterans.
The People Administrative Assistant is a 10-month contract position and will be integral to the People Team in the effective HR administration of employees and trainees of FDM Group Canada Inc. throughout the employment lifecycle.
The People Administrative Assistant will assist with providing support and advice to all staff based across Canada. The People Administrative Assistant will report directly to the People Operations and Business Manager, ensuring the support needed from a HR perspective is delivered to meet business objectives. The People Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for supporting the People Team with new onboarding and preparing employment contracts and being responsible for maintaining and accurately inputting information in the HRIS. The People Administrative Assistant will also work closely with the recruitment and sales team in ensuring onboarding requirements are met to deploy our consultants on client site. This role provides efficient, professional and timely administrative support to the wider People team, ensuring that processes and general day-to-day activities are followed and compliance is maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist with preparing employment contracts
· Support the CA office with the administration of employee onboarding and collect and store onboarding paperwork
· Work closely with the recruitment and sales team in ensuring onboarding requirements are met
· Keep up to date with changes and trends in employment legislation and HR practices
· Update the HRIS employee database to maintain accurate information
· Complete employment verification forms and letters upon request
· Create employment files and hold ownership of the file system
· Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping HR information confidential
· Assist with employee inquiries, and help resolve issues or errors
· Perform a wide range of general office duties including those of a confidential nature
· Establish efficient and effective administration processes
· Assist People Team with scheduling meetings and employee catch-ups and reviews
· Ensure data integrity by performing regular system housekeeping
· General administration as required
· Post-Secondary Education in HR or related field
· Pursuing career in HR
· Minimum of 1-2 years’ relevant experience
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills
· Effective organization skills with ability to prioritize
· Great attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
· Methodical, analytical and process driven
· Ability to work independently as well within a team
· CHRP Certification is an asset
· Knowledge of Canadian employment legislation
· Knowledge of HRIS systems
FDM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, provincial, or local laws.
Show more Show less