ThinkOn Inc: Where Data Thrives
Founded in 2013, ThinkOn Inc. is dedicated to solving complex data problems with its portfolio of turnkey Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solutions. As a cloud service provider, ThinkOn’s channel-only distribution empowers over 150 value-add resellers and managed service providers to service the data needs of more than 1150 businesses in commercial enterprise and public sectors across North America, the United Kingdom, Australia, and the Caribbean. ThinkOn Cloud Services are engineered for high availability and scalability to securely host, manage, and store all types of data workloads with industry-leading technology platforms, including VMware, Dell Technologies, Hitachi, Intel and HP.
Recognized for its aggressive growth, ThinkOn is listed in Globe & Mail’s Report on Business ranking of “Canada’s Top Growing Companies”, Canadian Business “Growth List”, and Channel Daily News “Top 100 Solution Providers”. ThinkOn is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. To learn more, visit www.ThinkOn.com
This is a remote position. You must be eligible for Secret Clearance with the Government of Canada.
Purpose of Role
As part of the Site Reliability Team, the IT Operations Analyst plays a critical infrastructure support role in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the service delivery infrastructure by contributing to the ongoing support of systems, controls, monitoring, including responding to the internal IT requests, alerts, and incidents. This role will be responsible for coordinating the resolution for the internal incidents and ensure the security controls and compliance are in place. The IT Operations Analyst must be capable of coordinating a team of internal and external staff, coordinating projects, and will be a recognized expert in ThinkOn products, services, and practices.
- Proactively monitor systems for availability, capacity, and performance.
- Provide request management, triage, and escalation processes for all infrastructure alerts.
- Monitoring System – Add, remove and adjust systems and thresholds to our monitoring systems.
- Coordinate hardware maintenance, replacement and new hardware installation in our datacenters.
- Asset Management - Manage and ensure the integrity of the CMDB (Configuration Management Database)
- Capacity Management – Collect, Report and Coordinate Capacity Meetings and Actions
- License Report – Collect, Validate and Report License usage.
- Access Control – Manage the user creation, delete, and change along with access validation.
- Participate in the patch management process for servers, system, and software.
- Manage, execute, and monitor enterprise system backups including co-ordinate secure offsite storage.
- Participate in the IT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plan.
- Control Physical access to the Data Centers (Visitors and Escorting) as it relates to the systems maintenance.
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance with business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Create and update Incident Reports after critical issues.
- Document problems for recurring issues and coordinate actions to fix the root cause analysis with the engineering team.
- Coordinate CAB (Change Advisory Board) meetings, approval, and documentation.
- Audit requirements – regularly review access management to key systems to ensure that systems are secure and audit requirements are met (i.e. SOC audit).
- Recommend any changes/access adjustments to management. Includes workshops, identifying and addressing gaps or workarounds.
- Planning includes agenda’s, meeting minutes, actions register etc.
- Reporting and data analysis
- Other process management activities as assigned.
- Operation maintenance activities as assigned.
- Create and update documentation of internal and external operations processes
- Inform team members of project status and progress
- Light project coordination and assisting with project documentation
- Identify opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency
- Provide regular reports to our customers about the quality of the service, details and usage of the environment.
- Internal IT - Control stock of internal IT License, laptops and assets used by the employees and work with the finance team to procure more if necessary.
- Internal IT - Provide support to the internal team, build/install laptops and replace the old ones.
- Internal IT - Onboarding and Offboarding employees (access control and Laptop provisioning)
- Tapes - Control stock of the tapes, issue requests to procure new tapes and coordinate tape rotation
- Operate the Antivirus Solution (ensure all laptops are updated)
- Access Control to the internal user applications (Email, Slack, Zoom, Wiki and others)
- Very organized person
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Experience with Service Desk and Incident management (ticket system)
- Experience with Project Coordination / Management
- Experience with Information Technology concepts, specifically in virtualization, IT Infrastructure and Disaster Recovery
- Experience with ITIL and PMO framework
- Ability to think outside the box and be innovative and resourceful
- Ability to quickly learn new software technologies
- Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize work
- Ability to plan and coordinate tasks with the internal team and vendors
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to effectively communicate with all parties involved
- Ability to discern key aspects of a problem and address them at an early state by determining the best resolution
Education and Experience
- Experience or education in Information Technology
- Experience or education in Project coordination
- Experience in a Call Centre or Service Centre environment and operations
- CompTIA A+ or ITIL Certification
- 2+ years working with IT Support
- Eligible for Secret Clearance with the Government of Canada
Applications will be accepted until 5:00pm EST on September 24, 2021.
ThinkOn Inc. is committed to a workforce that is reflective of diverse populations. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and accessibility standards across Canada, ThinkOn Inc. will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible.
Job Type: Full-time