Milton Community Resource Centre
Date Posted: September 9 th, 2021
Hourly Rate: $18/hour Hours: 35-37.5 hours/week
Location: Bruce Trail Early Learning Centre Reports To: Centre Supervisor
Viola Desmond Early Learning Centre
Why work for Milton Community Resource Centre?
MCRC goes beyond the traditional ‘check in the box’ approach to employee development by
recognizing creativity, innovation and the work contributions of each employee that aligns with MCRC’s
strategic objectives. We have a wide variety of programs and services that allow our staff to explore
various career opportunities within the organization. We believe in the importance of providing
wellness opportunities that support employee’s mental,
physical and emotional health.
We’re looking for someone with the following qualifications:
Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree in nutrition, culinary arts or other relevant certification. We are looking
for someone who has a Food Handling Certificate and experience preparing meals and snacks in a
child care setting. The successful candidate should have experience developing menus following
nutrition guidelines. The preferred candidate should have knowledge of Canada’s Food Guide, Health
Canada Guidelines, Child Care Early Years Act, Public Health Regulations or Halton Health
Every day, you’ll support healthy nutritional habits and build upon the interests of children by:
- Providing regular scheduled nutritional meals and snacks to children in a timely fashion, in
accordance with Safe Food Handling Practices, Ministry of Health and departmental policies
- Developing nutritional menus based on current Canadian Food Guide recommendations and
researching best practices in guidelines for children’s healthy developmental stage.
- Determining nutritional needs of children and plan, implementing and evaluating menus to
maintain and enhance general health.
- Ensuring children with anaphylaxis allergies, and other food restrictions are not served foods
- Cleaning dishes after use and ensuring they are put away in an appropriate space.
- Receiving food orders, verify they are correct, and put food in appropriate storage space. Food
deliveries may require moving boxes up to 30lbs.
- Ensure proper food storage and rotation procedures are followed.
- Ensure the kitchen equipment and appliances are thoroughly cleaned on a daily, monthly and
- Developing and implementing educational nutrition workshops for children, parents and
- Other duties as assigned.
MCRC is committed to diversity and accessibility. To this end, MCRC endeavors to reflect the cultures,
languages and abilities of the families we serve, in our programs, services and employment
practices. Please identify if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process in your
Please submit your cover letter and resume to
Sophia Capone, Human Resources Talent Specialist at [email protected]