Backed by a 50-year legacy of engineering excellence, reliability and industry-leading customer service, Telesat has grown to be one of the largest and most successful global satellite operators. Telesat works collaboratively with its customers to deliver critical connectivity solutions that tackle the world’s most complex communications challenges, providing powerful advantages that improve their operations and drive growth.
In addition to our state-of-the-art global, geostationary satellite fleet, Telesat Lightspeed, our Low Earth Orbit network scheduled to begin service in 2022, will revolutionize global broadband connectivity by delivering a combination of high capacity, security,
resiliency and affordability with ultra-low latency and fiber-like speeds.
Telesat also provides industry-leading technical consultation and support services to satellite operators, insurers and other industry stakeholders around the globe.
Privately held and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
Telesat's Wholly Owned Subsidiary - Infosat Communications, located in NE Calgary is hiring a Billing Database Administrator.
For more information, visit www.telesat.com.
Purpose of Job
The billing database administrator actively supports the finance, sales and operational teams by managing and updating our custom billing platform, creating monthly invoices, generating financial and operational reports and ensuring that data is secure.
- Updating billing database for new customers, products, services and packages.
- Coordinating, uploading and sending automated and hard copy monthly invoices to customers.
- Preparation of manual invoices, as required.
- Generation and review of monthly revenue and tax reports.
- Generation and review of monthly commission reports.
- Generation and review of monthly and annual regulatory compliance reporting.
- Generation of custom reports, as required.
- Quality assurance and quality control monitoring and reporting.
- Maintenance and integration of third-party tax software.
- Act as liaison with our IT support vendors and responsible for implementation of any required changes.
- Ensuring our database and information storage is in compliance with regulations.
- Improvement of database and operational procedures.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required.
Education & Experience Required
- Advanced database management and coding skills, with at least three years of prior experience.
- A degree in Information Technology or Computer Science is preferred.
- High attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; both in dealing with customers and interacting with members of Infosat’s team.
- Must be adaptable to an evolving organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- In depth experience with .Net development technologies
- In depth experience with MS SQL Server administration and programming
- Office equipment & computers
Decision Making & Supervision:
- Ability to define priorities to meet Organizational needs in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Report directly to IT manager
- Full-time position: 8 AM- 5 PM, Monday - Friday.
- Temporarily working remote, normally working in an office environment, located in NE Calgary.
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods program (CGP).
Job Type: Full-time