DST Consulting Engineers
Who we are
Englobe is distinguished by its wide range of services, its presence across Canada, its client satisfaction, and its customized approach with a wide range of services from consulting, turnkey project implementation and soil treatment facilities. Over the years, Englobe has acquired credibility and a reputation for people-centred values. DST Consulting Engineers Inc., a Division of Englobe, provides expert, innovative environmental and engineering consulting services - without surprises.
- Full benefits package (group insurance with cost-sharing upon hiring, group RRSP after 3 months, the possibility of time banking)
- Annual reimbursement of physical activity costs
- Skills development opportunities
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- Flextime and the possibility of a compressed schedule
We are currently seeking a Survey Technician to work out of our office in* Waterloo*, ON.
- Perform job site surveys and instrumentation monitoring of civil engineering structures, building, utilities, roadways, railway tracks, and bridges
- Install building, surface and in-ground survey monitoring points and other types of structural and geotechnical instrumentation at job sites.
- Perform high-precision control surveys and baselines.
- Complete calculations for structure and ground movement in the field and using data collector software.
- Produce survey reports for Clients and construction project teams
- Perform all aspects of construction and site surveying including layout, as-built, topographic, quantity, slope staking, grade staking, and various underground utility staking.
- Work with another crewmate with a team mentality to produce a product and summary reports catered to the client's needs. Ensure crew members are working in a safe environment.
- Manage and maintain survey equipment and instruments, survey data, and records
- Perform pre-and post-construction condition surveys and assist with noise & vibration monitoring operations.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies or Degree in Surveying and Geomatics / Construction / Civil / Geotechnical / Engineering Geology
- Minimum 2 years of experience dealing with road/highway construction.
- In-depth knowledge of highway/structure surveying procedures.
- Solid geometry/mathematical background.
- Good knowledge of data collector software - Trimble Access & Survey Pro.
- Competent with Trimble & Leica total stations and GPS.
- Valid driver's licence.
- Valid First Aid Level C-CPR & AED.
- Ontario Land Surveyors license is considered an asset.
Englobe & DST adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals, and disabled persons to apply.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
How to apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected], and please quote Job # 21-1233
About DST Consulting Engineers:
Providing expert, innovative environmental and engineering consulting services - without surprises - is what DST Consulting Engineers Inc. does best. We are a multi-disciplinary firm providing comprehensive services to clients across Canada. DST’s nation-wide team is comprised of exceptional people in various stages of their career. We come together each day to make the unexpected happen. Growing our team means we are in pursuit of brilliant individuals who can rise to the challenge.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations