DST Consulting Engineers
Who we are
Englobe is distinguished by its wide range of services, its presence across Canada, its client satisfaction, and its customized approach with a wide range of services from consulting, turnkey project implementation and soil treatment facilities. Over the years, Englobe has acquired credibility and a reputation for people-centred values. DST Consulting Engineers Inc., a Division of Englobe, provides expert, innovative environmental and engineering consulting services - without surprises.
- Full benefits package (group insurance with cost-sharing upon hiring, group RRSP after 3 months, the possibility of time banking)
- Annual reimbursement of physical activity costs
- Skills development opportunities
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
As a Chief Surveyor, you will work in collaboration with the Instrumentation & Monitoring team.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Apply and promote Englobe’s health and safety rules.
- Leading the Surveying team in carrying out daily monitoring/surveying activities.
- Consistently executing prescribed technical procedures, safe work practices and work plans in a safe, efficient manner under all applicable regulatory requirements and contract specifications.
- Coordinate and undertake planning and implementation of survey requirements to facilitate construction activities.
- Maintain accurate survey records, documentation, and stamped submittal.
- Generating deliverable documentation, including technical reports and letters, summaries, data sheets, graphs, proposals, and qualification packages.
- Work with field staff project needs to develop project-specific plans and documents.
- Produce work plans in which objectives are clearly defined, and steps for achieving them are well detailed for project crews to follow.
- Provide clients (internal and external) with efficient responses to inquiries.
- Anticipate client needs and respond within a timely manner to each inquiry.
- Monitor project and team performance. Forecast project outcomes and adjust where necessary to deliver successful project outcomes.
- Manage client expectations and scope changes through active communication.
- Identify and resolve client, project and/or team issues.
- Performs various tasks, including analyzing proposed project solutions to ensure structural reliability, resource efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Diploma or Degree in Geomatics Engineering Technology, B.Sc. in Geomatics, or related discipline.
- Must be an Ontario Land Surveyor (OLS) in good standing with the Association of Ontario Land Surveyors (AOLS).
- 5+ years of previous project management experience, ideally within the engineering industry.
- Active participation in the Ontario legal survey industry.
- Ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organization; is a great team member.
- Ability to work without supervision, effective time management and strong organizational skills.
- Contribute to an ongoing culture of safety in all work environments.
- Ability to work to deadlines and see tasks through to completion.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Previous consulting experience is an asset.
- Valid provincial driver’s license required.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and consideration for occupational health and safety.
Englobe & DST adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals, and disabled persons to apply.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
How to apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected], and please quote Job # 21-1207
About DST Consulting Engineers:
Providing expert, innovative environmental and engineering consulting services - without surprises - is what DST Consulting Engineers Inc. does best. We are a multi-disciplinary firm providing comprehensive services to clients across Canada. DST’s nation-wide team is comprised of exceptional people in various stages of their career. We come together each day to make the unexpected happen. Growing our team means we are in pursuit of brilliant individuals who can rise to the challenge.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations