Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P; 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Planning, the Analyst,
Business Planning will be part of the North America Regional Business Planning group. The Regional Business Planning group acts a strategic partner with Newmont’s mines, projects, and corporate office, to provide financial information to meet business needs.
What you will do
- Support the North America Business Planning team on all planning processes; Forecasts, Scenario Planning and Business Plans
- Utilizing SAP BPC, support system set-up for planning processes, report maintenance, report creation and data validation
- Work closely and liaise with site teams to support timely and accurate Business Planning submissions
- Support the review of Monthly / Quarterly Forecasts and Annual life-of-mine Scenario Plans and Budgets
- Support the preparation of site and regional presentations
- Maintain and update financial models
- Maintain Business Planning calendar to ensure integration with corporate and sites
- Maintain Business Planning Intranet
- Assist with other various projects and administrative duties as required
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Your Training, Skills And Experience Checklist
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting or related field
- Enrollment in CPA or CFA or other designated program preferred
- Experience in budgeting / forecasting, accounting or analysis preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP BPC, Xeras preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dependable, results-oriented, self-starter who demonstrates integrity, a strong sense of ownership, and team orientation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop effective relationships and communicate effectively with a diverse group of employees
- Strong analytic and synthesis skills; conceptual understanding of financial data and the basic application of accounting principles.
- Ability to execute against short deadlines, and change course quickly
- Focused on developing yourself and others – willing to participate in a culture of frequent feedback and coaching
- French and Spanish language capabilities an asset
Working Conditions and Location
- The position is located at the North America Regional Office in Vancouver, BC.
- Position may be required to travel to sites within the region and Denver corporate office.
Please enter Job Number 18728 to submit your online application (http://www.newmontgoldcorp.com/jobs).
Please ensure that you attach your resume as part of your online application. At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Show more Show less