Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
The Group Benefits (GB) Management Reporting and Planning is a team of Finance professionals who work as one to provide management reporting and analysis to our business partners to strategically manage their business and meet their goals.
The Financial Analyst,
Group Benefits Reporting is expected to utilize general finance and reporting expertise and GB specific knowledge to provide analysis, accounting, and recommendations to the Finance Management team, Underwriting, Pricing and other business partners. The role is responsible for the production of accurate and timely claims gain and client-level profitability reporting, competitive analysis and other performance metrics and analysis that forms the basis for assessing GB financial performance.
- Responsibility for the preparation, interpretation, analysis and presentation to senior management of client-level profitability metrics
- Responsible for owning key application called Express which tracks GB’s largest clients surplus and deficit positions.
- Coordinate actualizations of Corporate Accounts refund-accounted clients;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Group Benefits Underwriting Consultants to ensure integrity of client financial positions;
- Act as representative for GB Management Reporting in various projects involving CMR (GB management reporting tool) and Business Intelligence tools; perform testing and ensure proper implementation;
- Understand the controls, policies, systems and standards in place, identify deficiencies and coordinate with management for timely resolution.
- Upload /review various accounting entries
- Finance background with experience in insurance would be beneficial
- Post-secondary education in accounting or related field is required
- Working towards an accounting designation preferred
- 2-3 years of finance/accounting experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new applications quickly
- Knowledge of Essbase, Lawson will be an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities and deliver a quality result within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated strong personal effectiveness competencies: negotiating and influencing skills, adaptability to change and continuously showing initiative while working with limited supervision
- Strong team orientation and collaboration
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com .
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .