We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Scrum Master
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located anywhere in Canada.
As a Scrum Master, you employ servant leadership to coach and support the team in agile product development and delivery methods. You teach and coach the team on Agile practices and principles. You will facilitate and/or support Scrum Events, coach the team on getting the most out of the Scrum framework and help the team to remove impediments. You will support transparency through clear communication and help foster collaboration and understanding between the Product Owner and the team. Additionally, as the Scrum Master you will be coaching team members on continuous process improvements and goals, focusing on the achievement of excellent results whilst building and nurturing a trusting and safe environment.
What You'll Do
- Organize and guide the team on how to use Scrum and Agile practices and methodologies
- Coach the team on effective use of Scrum Events including Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Retrospective and Sprint Planning, supporting full team engagement
- Support Product Owner on release planning and removal of impediments
- Foster collaboration across all team members, encouraging cross-training and mutual support
- Guide and coach those outside the Scrum Team to understand which interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which are not
- Foster self-organization and growth within the team
- Reinforce Agile mindset in teams through conversations, coaching, and role-playing exercises
Who You Are
- A couple of years of experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach, during which you coached teams on Agile practices and ensure alignment to Agile mindset
- Demonstrate ability to promote innovative thinking and self-improvement within the team
- Proven knowledge of Agile, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe or any other tricks up your sleeve to guide and optimize the way the team works to allow Sprints to be completed on time
- Past development team member experience is preferred (development, design, testing)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex messages and teach new concepts
- Bring a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around her/him
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Show more Show less