Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments,
and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
You will work with the hedge fund investment team at CPP Investments referred to as “External Portfolio Management (EPM)”. As a Senior Developer, you will design, develop, and support software to enable the hedge fund investment team’s activities which include: fund management, risk and performance monitoring, reporting for investment committees. Projects include designing and refining data models, creating Business Intelligence solutions and working with risk management systems to support the hedge fund investment strategy.
You will take ownership of assignments, analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions. Projects are delivered in close collaboration with business partners using Agile development practices.
- Lead application enhancement initiatives relating to portfolio management, data analysis, and reporting functions
- Accountable for all phases of software development lifecycle, including requirement analysis, design, coding, testing, support and documentation.
- Work in directly with multiple business partners to delivery supportable and scalable solutions within predictable time frames.
- Partner with our IT Operations support team to lead initiatives further improving the supportability of our key investment systems
- Coach and influence members of your own team, as well as collaborate with other teams, to build innovative, reusable, scalable and predictable solutions.
- Promote development tools and Agile best practices through active team participation, knowledge sharing sessions, and maintenance of documentation on team wiki
This role demands proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help deliver and maintain robust, scalable solutions to the EPM team. Specific objectives for the Senior Developer include:
- Solid Python programming skills to cleanse, manipulate, and present data, particularly using data analysis libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, etc.
- Expert in Python 3 development with the knowledge of Python web frameworks such as Flask or Django
- Proficient in building micro services with Java and SpringBoot, familiar with the modern features new to Java 8
- Possess a passion for technology, stays sharp in the craft by keeping on top of new technologies, tools and trends
- Modelling complex data structures, patterns and relationships
- Experience in front-end web development using Angular platform is an asset
- Strong knowledge of both relational and NoSQL databases, preferably MS SQL and MongoDB
- Good understanding of Cloud technologies and their potential. AWS Certification is an asset.
- Experience with DevOps tools and best practices (e.g. Git, Jenkins, UrbanCode)
- Good knowledge of financial risk management is an asset.
- Commitment to CPPIB guiding principles of integrity, partnership and high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-POST
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.