Canadian Western Bank
At CWB, we strive to build value for the people who choose us every day: our people, our clients and our investors. We do this by holding true to the values that guide us. We put people first and build relationships with intention. We seek out and embrace new ideas, knowing that better is always possible. We believe that how we do things is as important as what we do. And we harness the power of inclusion. Our culture is who we are and how we show up - as individuals and as a team - to accomplish our strategy.
CWB Financial Group (CWB) is on a mission to become the best full-service bank for business owners in Canada.
Our Commercial team includes a diverse group of banking professionals who strive every single day to achieve strong results for the bank and their clients. Our team of designated commercial bankers knows the value of relationship building and brings that perfect combination of stellar stewardship, client support and financial expertise to the table.
No day is ever the same in commercial banking. Whether it’s providing proactive client solutions, stellar service support, consultation sessions or financial advice, we’re there every step of the way for our clients to ensure they reach their personal and business dreams. It’s this top service that we are known for.
Lead business development activities to build and maintain a portfolio of diversified commercial clients, with average loan and deposit volumes of less than $2MM, in a specified geographic market. This individual contributor role “owns” the commercial client relationship and is responsible to deliver full-service banking and financial solutions for clients, in concert with Account Specialists and other internal partners. This role is expected to possess an understanding of the bank’s products and services relevant to medium size enterprises and an understanding of the client’s business in order to effectively package existing and new bank products to meet the client’s business needs.
Day to day activities
- Client focused: Deliver outstanding client experiences at every interaction and execute on plans to continuously build the client experience, in line with CWB’s brand promise. Provide full-service solutions for clients with the view to be every client’s primary financial partner.
- Portfolio management: You will drive growth while cultivating a diverse mix of client accounts.
- Sales activation: You will undertake the gamut in sales activities including annual loan, deposit, cash management, revenue and new client objectives.
- Networking: You will connect and establish networks with a variety of partners and clients to develop lasting relationships for you and the bank.
- Risk management: Together with the commercial credit team, you will utilize your risk assessment skills to ensure appropriate measures are put into place and risk assessment protocols and structures are implemented, while balancing risk and reward within CWB's risk appetite.
- Mentorship: Although no direct employees report to you, you will develop a strong leadership foundation by coaching and mentoring work with junior employees.
Foundational knowledge and experience to grow from
A Bachelor’s Degree in commerce, finance or accounting fields and a minimum of 5 years’ experience within commercial lending or related experience.
Capabilities that will take you further
- Financially savvy. You’ve garnered strong commercial lending experience that has allowed you to plan, execute and develop strategies that have resulted in you hitting your sales targets and business goals out of the financial institution park.
- A strategic planner. You’ve heard it your whole life, but you’re a planner and an excellent one at that. Your innate eye for details and strategy allow you to set winning plans that result in achievements and business successes.
- An encouraging teammate. You love to work collaboratively. You see the value in working together and have achieved many professional wins because of this mentality.
- Think big and beyond. Although you pride yourself in being detail oriented and can see well into the weeds of problems, it is your knack for strategy and solutions that sets you apart from your peers.
Why work with us?
Winners of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture 2020
& recognized as one of 50 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Places to Work
Your voice matters. Help us shape our voice around important social & cultural matters.
The opportunity to make a difference. Build a team. Make an impact. Put your mark on the CWB landscape.
Flexible work arrangements. Make work make sense for you. Remote work. Relocation. Compressed work weeks & more!
Physical health and mental fitness are priorities. Generous time away to practice self-care and family-care with 100% company paid benefit & support programs.
Community giving. Drive economic prosperity in your community. Get involved. Volunteer. Fundraise. All with CWB support.
Bring your whole self to work. Inclusion is a journey requiring practice & experience that results in a powerful outcome.
Innovation. Learn. Grow. Enhance. At CWB we play to win. When we fail, we fail forward.
Connection. Join, participate, lead an employee regulated group (ERG). Find a community within the CWB family.
Organization wide coaching services. Strategic career design is something we work hard to deliver for all employees.
Recognition. Peer to peer recognition program. Both “in the moment” and monumental!
Financial rewards. Yup! We pay you too. Base plus performance incentives. In fact, this role has incentives on top of incentives!!
Retirement investment strategy. You can’t work forever, so we have a RRSP contribution & matching program with financial advisors at the ready to help you make the most of your wealth.
Company ownership. The knowledge and opportunity to impact the bottom line and be rewarded for it - every day, with our employee share purchase plan.
Go further. Ignite your career. Apply today.
As an equitable employer, CWB Financial Group is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where a diverse workforce thrives. You are welcomed and encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Dignity, respect and equality are non-negotiables. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment or selection process, please reach out.
* Position closes at 12:01am on the close date identified below.